FedEx Freight | Fedex tests autonomous trucks

I also like how they always show this garbage on perfect days. Show me how well those sensors work on wet snowy days with about 6 inches of slush covering them.
They won't mind shutting down for snow days.the lost revenue will be more than replaced by not paying wages or benefits to those pesky humans.

Shoulder and hernia operations are not a major operation. You can't
just give up. I'm seventy years old, pain free and extremely content.
The actual doing of cutting and fixing a hernia or chopping a shoulder out for a new joint is still surgery.

Any time you cut into the human body to do work with spare parts or cutting and sewing you are really getting into the point that the body might not take it. (Infection and so on.)

When I had my one hip joint replaced I came out of it in recovery to understand that the knee is not doing well. What they had to do is fold the leg and twist to dislocate the hip to saw off the bad joint and pound in a new one. The knee did not accept that kind of twisting very well. After they confirmed that there was no breaking of it the nerves needed about three months to calm down. Its very possible that he damage done to that one main nerve is permanent. A price of that surgery.

I am getting to where additional surgeries and spare parts are being added now and in the future I must ask myself at what point do I say thats enough of that. Chopping the body and tossing it into the incinerator a part at a time. Where do you stop? If you replaced enough bone parts, you do not possess the marrow anymore to where your blood cells will not be replaced on schedule within 110 days. You then die and all the iron and oxygen in the world will not help you then.

Science fiction movies ventured into the realm of industrial blood. Pour 5 gallons into a human being hurt in battle and call it good. I believe we possess that kind of blood now. But its not a very economical way to keep someone going and still make enough to have a living after paying for that at those costs. The result is the same death.

Or on straight ice in a wet drizzle at freezing fog coming up on a 10% downgrade that includes a 10mph 220 degree turnback at 14%. then run downgrade in a variety of curves and hills, any of which can put you into the trees.

I remember a T intersection at the bottom near Bethlehelm PA a river ran beside it. That rig almost did not stop. 60,000 pounds of export in the can. I dumped my air on that one and had the springs make the stop.
. Oh, you said Bethlehem, my bad

Speaking of infections, if a computer robot truck has a virus is it to be quarantined and not to be used for two weeks?

HE HE HE.

They can’t even get the handhelds or ELD to work 100% of the time.
Here is the link for an article explaining Manufacture Navistar working with UPS to have trucks from TuSimple on the roads this year. They have been running Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona with a human up to now. However, they will be “driverless” in the last half of 2021, “THAT IS NOW”. We old timers don’t want to hear it, but it’s innovation that will fix the driver shortage by delivering line haul and leave CDL drivers to run city deliveries.

Here is the link for an article explaining Manufacture Navistar working with UPS to have trucks from TuSimple on the roads this year. They have been running Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona with a human up to now. However, they will be “driverless” in the last half of 2021, “THAT IS NOW”. We old timers don’t want to hear it, but it’s innovation that will fix the driver shortage by delivering line haul and leave CDL drivers to run city deliveries.

Yep it's now and it's still not happening. They're still taking deposits, planning and testing. This article came out a few months before their American IPO. Coincidence?

Let's put the control of our supply chain in the hands of a Chinese company. What can go wrong?

Yep it's now and it's still not happening. They're still taking deposits, planning and testing. This article came out a few months before their American IPO. Coincidence?

Let's put the control of our supply chain in the hands of a Chinese company. What can go wrong?
Shown here an autonomous tractor trailer leaving the marshaling yard off I 10, west of Phoenix.

90BEC169-97D9-454A-8F38-D4FFA5842B74.md.jpg

Spokesperson, Barb Knobsarehuge, stated, they are also in the testing stages of retrofitting a Big Dave replica size hat with autonomous capabilities of, warehousing, and distribution that will serve as terminals for the trucks. It was not immediately clear though when testing would be completed. Calls to Dave were forwarded to Wong Technology.
Wong Technology in partnership with the new Cayman Technology center are speculating the 46mph Autonomous semi trucks will do 15% better in testing this year !