FedEx Freight | Fedex To End Ground Deliveries For Amazon

13% loss a "mild hit" !????!

Not 0.0013%, THIRTEEN PERCENT.

You have bumped your head if you think a company the size of UPS having 13% of it's total volume gone, is a "mild hit" It would permanently alter the company.

The fact remains after fed ex dumped Amazon, Amazon needs UPS more than UPS needs Amazon. If UPS left them now it would cripple them. UPS has all the chips for a raise hike, otherwise who is going to deliver all of Amazon's crap?

The fact remains after fed ex dumped Amazon, Amazon needs UPS more than UPS needs Amazon. If UPS left them now it would cripple them. UPS has all the chips for a raise hike, otherwise who is going to deliver all of Amazon's crap?
You nailed it. My saying a 13% hit wouldn't mean much to them might be a stretch. Yes I have banged my head. But, if they want, like you said, they will have 2 or 3 raises in a year of @ least 5 to 7 % and laugh all the way to the bank. If UPS does not want their freight based on many different things, they will raise the rate & cut back service @ the same time forcing Jeff to go someplace else for his trucking needs. Like you said they are in the driver seat when it comes to keeping a customer or having them fade away. von.

When I was with ground i would do 100 to 150 stops a day. It would take me about 12 hours and I would get paid 1.30 per stop. I wouldn't take any breaks . My goal was to be done as quick as possible.
so, according to you,150 stops a day at 1.30 dollars per stop means 195$ per day. 195$ times 5 days is 975$ for the week. you say you worked 12 hrs a day . 60 hrs for 975$ . no wonder fedex ground turns a good profit.

so, according to you,150 stops a day at 1.30 dollars per stop means 195$ per day. 195$ times 5 days is 975$ for the week. you say you worked 12 hrs a day . 60 hrs for 975$ . no wonder fedex ground turns a good profit.

According to the contractor, FedEx paid him 1.30 per stop so that's what he paid us. He made his money from service bonuses FedEx paid him. I have no idea how much those bonuses were.

Honestly, it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. I enjoyed doing it. But the money sucked, no paid time off, no raises and no benefits.