FedEx Freight | Fedex Vs Saia

THE CHOSEN ONE

TB Lurker
Credits
Had interviews and job offers from both companies.
Fedex offer: linehaul
.51 start .65 full rate (home daily)
Extra board on call
Mandatory dock work under 400 miles.
Saia offer: linehaul
68.5 to start
Full-time run (night) Home daily
No dock work
Inward facing cameras
Health insurance is much better at Saia.
Seems like two great places to work, but Saia I think maybe my choice.
Any pros and cons I should know about FedEx vs saia before I make a final decision. Thanks

Extra board on call
68.5 to start
No dock work
Inward facing cameras
Any pros and cons I should know about FedEx vs saia before I make a final decision. Thanks
If i were to start over I’d go SAIA . FedEx is not a freight company , they are an investment firm run by shareholders and micro managing kids who never drove a truck a day in their lives telling people who’ve been driving for 20+ years with no accidents how to drive a truck . FedEx Frt is a good job but the benefits are most likely the worst in the industry, and it comes with a lot of bullshit . I’ll have some guys come on here who think FDX can do no wrong but I’m just being honest with you . I have some friends at SAIA who have both good and bad to say about them too , but my opinion is go with SAIA .

Extra board on call
68.5 to start
No dock work
Inward facing cameras
SAIA

If i were to start over I’d go SAIA . FedEx is not a freight company , they are an investment firm run by shareholders and micro managing kids who never drove a truck a day in their lives telling people who’ve been driving for 20+ years with no accidents how to drive a truck . FedEx Frt is a good job but the benefits are most likely the worst in the industry, and it comes with a lot of :horseshit: . I’ll have some guys come on here who think FDX can do no wrong but I’m just being honest with you . I have some friends at SAIA who have both good and bad to say about them too , but my opinion is go with SAIA .
Appreciate the info driver

Extra board on call
68.5 to start
No dock work
Inward facing cameras
U dont get paid for your drop and hooks at saia at fedex your get 30 min for drop 30 min for hook and 15 min for fuel ...trust me it adds up

Not to mention Saia has driver facing cameras (allegedly with audio) with a no CB policy as well as a no cell phone/Bluetooth policy.

You can do as you wish but I personally won’t drive for anyone who puts a camera facing me, period...no one pays that much money!!

Not to mention Saia has driver facing cameras (allegedly with audio) with a no CB policy as well as a no cell phone/Bluetooth policy.

You can do as you wish but I personally won’t drive for anyone who puts a camera facing me, period...no one pays that much money!!
Copy that driver. To be honest driver the cb and phone thing really doesn't bother me, I'm not the most sociable guy in the world lol, but I do understand your points and appreciate your opinion.

I’d choose FedEx in a heartbeat but let me ask you a hypothetical question. If FedEx were to introduce driver facing cameras along with the audio that goes with DriveCam and add the stupid Bluetooth and CB policy would you quit? I can’t see you giving up all that seniority and starting over someplace else. I could see you retiring early though. :1036316054:

Gotta remember Red. A big part of the reason for these cameras is the insurance companies dictating it. If you ever go south of Indy on I -65, and see those lawyer ads on billboards, literally every few miles, it will make a lot of sense. I would bet cameras forward, and rear facing will be industry standard within 5 years. Union or not...

Gotta remember Red. A big part of the reason for these cameras is the insurance companies dictating it. If you ever go south of Indy on I -65, and see those lawyer ads on billboards, literally every few miles, it will make a lot of sense. I would bet it will be industry standard within 5 years. Union or not...
That’s why I asked him that question. I believe you are 100% correct. He relatively a young man.

Extra board on call
68.5 to start
No dock work
Inward facing cameras
Looks like Saia is the choice based on of
Extra board on call
68.5 to start
No dock work
Inward facing cameras
Pick the one closest to your house because most of these companies are so similar it doesn't matter.

We got a handful of road drivers running one or two days a week. Trying to hang on . And we haven't even hit the slow season yet. And everyone that's been in this business a long time know every election year freight comes to a standstill.

Just an fyi. Safety was doing a blitz in STL a month or so ago and one of the safety guys said we are getting driver facing cameras. FedEx Express recently got them and we are next. They said they haven't decided if ground will be forced to get them as well. An express driver in my area showed one of our drivers their new cameras and he wasn't happy about it!