FedEx Freight | Fedex Vs Saia

My question is, if the match is immediate, how can they do that? It's the equivalent of you putting money into my bank account deciding you want it back and making a withdrawal.
It’s the term “vesting”. I’m over my head on this subject. Sorry. Look up vesting. Companies can set their own terms on how it’s applied.

It’s the term “vesting”. I’m over my head on this subject. Sorry. Look up vesting. Companies can set their own terms on how it’s applied.

Sorry Hoss,.... you're wrong on this, vesting is when you put on the sleeveless thing that buttons up the front
over the white shirt, under the coat when wearing a suit ( VESTING)

Look, it’s just another LTL company that just happens to pay really well from the get go and they want their money’s worth. Im happy with them for now until they start busting my balls needlessly

Pretty sure those 5 personal days start in January for everyone
On January 1, everyone is credited with 5 personal days. Personal days, unlike vacation days, cannot be rolled over.Close to the end of the year, any personal days, that you didn't use, is paid to you at the holiday pay rate.

As for the 401-k match, You can tax free invest any amount you want but the company caps the match at 50 cents on the dollar, on the first 6%. Anything over 6% and you're on your own.

Last edited:
I have no interest in stealing time. I don't want to be there any longer than I have to be. I don't like doing P&D, if i left FedEx it would be for a linehaul position. Again, I'm not a people person and I don't like the customers.
Damn, we must have been separated, at birth.

On January 1, everyone is credited with 5 personal days. Personal days, unlike vacation days, cannot be rolled over.Close to the end of the year, any personal days, that you didn't use, is paid to you at the holiday pay rate.

As for the 401-k match, You can tax free invest any amount you want but the company caps the match at 50 cents on the dollar, on the first 6%. Anything over 6% and you're on your own.
Plus the reasonable priced healthcare.
m7yazeB.jpg

Look, it’s just another LTL company that just happens to pay really well from the get go and they want their money’s worth. Im happy with them for now until they start busting my balls needlessly
How much portable pension did you take from FXF? Not many realize that FXF gives you this on top of your 401k match.

The only thing that worries about me about SAIA is the favoritism that's smeared allover that thread and on employee reviews online. Say what you will about FedEx, they respect the seniority rules. I'm not a people person and I'm not good at politics. That's why I like trucks.

Applicable to linehaul, not city.

I bet you save all yours so you get a extra weeks pay on the house.
That’s the nice thing about cashin out yer unused vacation time at the end of the year. My version of double dippin so to speak....

Them 3 or 4 extra paychecks is a heluva lot of money.

That’s the nice thing about cashin out yer unused vacation time at the end of the year. My version of double dippin so to speak....

Them 3 or 4 extra paychecks is a heluva lot of money.
While I get that, in time of need (or specific goal), time off to pursue quality personal/family time is something I cherish. In the end, time is the one thing we don't have enough of, IMHO.

This makes it pretty clear, sadly (for us), Saia Trumps FedEx in the area of health insurance benefits.

I especially like the Employee + 1 option

Note the cost for even the family plan, with 80/20 coverage & $250 deductible. WOW.

Do I need to remind everyone of our cost & deductible?
swamp, you can remind people all you want but there are way too many kool aide drinkers, just sayin

While I get that, in time of need (or specific goal), time off to pursue quality personal/family time is something I cherish. In the end, time is the one thing we don't have enough of, IMHO.
You got that right anyday off work feels like the first one of my life and im so amazed i dont have to leave my home , never was into greed and dont need fancy stuff and i like to do most repairs myself (except medical)

Last edited: