FedEx Freight | Fedex Will Either Be Acquired Or Lose An Additional 40%+ In Value

tread

TB Lurker
Credits
https://www.profgalloway.com/fckdex
"In the next 24 months, FedEx will either be acquired or lose an additional 40%+ in value.
The likely acquirer is Walmart
Since the launch of Amazon’s delivery service in February 2018, FedEx has lost $25 billion (39%) in value, despite the S&P’s 24% gain."

"In the next 24 months, FedEx will either be acquired or lose an additional 40%+ in value.
Since the launch of Amazon’s delivery service in February 2018, FedEx has lost $25 billion (39%) in value, despite the S&P’s 24% gain."

I'm hearing Ringling Bros is coming back, they will be in need of clowns.

FedEx hasn't done business with Amazon for a while. When I was doing ground in 17, I rarely saw an Amazon box. Any time I order Amazon it comes usps.

As for Amazon's deliver service, it's in it's infancy. You can't compare it to FedEx. In the area I live in, I see multiple vehicles servicing the same areas and they're going in circles with no real route plan.

Doesn't mean they can't be bought or that it's lost value because that's the nature of business. I don't see the point in mentioning Amazon. In the end, every business has a price and numbers fluctuate for various reasons.

I heard UPS is buying FEDEX. At least you’ll have great ins then !

EJMTuJ4.jpg

Read the fine print comparisons. This is what Amazon feeds on. Trying to convince people to become entrepreneurs....

Amazon's juggernaut could and will be brought to a halt by the next world wide recession if its bad enough and traditional retailers will slowly emerge like mammals did when the asteroid wiped out the big ole dinosaurs. Bezos himself said Amazon wont last forever.

Plenty of downside analysis stories out there, but this one seems a bit over the top.

"In 24 months, FedEx will not exist in its current form."

Nonsense. All these stories leave out (because the writers don't know?) the long term efforts, and game changing innovations coming. Sure, Express is not going to be a Huge long term growth machine, but that's where Ground and Freight come in. The efficiencies coming will alter the landscape, IMHO.

A lot of the costs and declines noted in these stories don't factor in the gains that will come from a much more favorable trade deal with China. Plus the lesser benefit of the Mexico/Canada deal, already approved...

If you want to read one negative story that has some really good ideas, strategies, etc., despite the negative narrative, this one might be it.

FedEx Results Turn Sharply South

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...ource=seeking_alpha?source=2800:read_now#alt1

"An additional opportunity exists for FedEx to lead in a new niche. With more and more international e-consumer sales and a changing tax situation and outlook for internet sales, the use of duty-free facilities for pick up of international packages could become a major service segment globally. FedEx is already established with a presence at many major international airports with its air transport and transfer station facilities. Adding duty-free shop presence would be very easy for the company with these contacts and facilities already in place"

And regardless of where you think FedEx is headed, the author has some good strategy (offered in the comment section), if you plan to buy or sell. This applies to just about any stock.

"Instead of waiting for a target ticker that is over priced to fall to my chosen entry price, instead I write cash secured puts at or below my target price so that I am paid hard cash to sit on the sidelines waiting for those shares to drop to my entry target point where I plan to be a willing buyer anyway. Likewise, once I own a stock, I harvest the dividends and write covered calls at my selected bubble price exit target, boosting income and yield every month until it reaches the point I plan to sell anyway. Being paid to what you plan to do anyway is as close to "free money" as it gets."

FedEx hasn't done business with Amazon for a while. When I was doing ground in 17, I rarely saw an Amazon box. Any time I order Amazon it comes usps.

As for Amazon's deliver service, it's in it's infancy. You can't compare it to FedEx. In the area I live in, I see multiple vehicles servicing the same areas and they're going in circles with no real route plan.

Doesn't mean they can't be bought or that it's lost value because that's the nature of business. I don't see the point in mentioning Amazon. In the end, every business has a price and numbers fluctuate for various reasons.
No route plan or pay plan