Feds drop fraud charges against Celadon trucking executives

So because of the pandemic, and numerous trial delays, the feds said, that’s ok, you guys can go on with your lives and keep any money you scammed people out of. Maybe they can use some of the millions to start a trucking company?

I think the Trucking Company will do well to retire these Suits and kick em to pasture. The peace quiet, sunshine and fresh grass will do wonders for them poor overworked coin counters.

FW will do well to be careful what they put into print.

Everyone knows when you buy something with wheels the value drops by half the moment you drive it off the lot whatever it might be. Thats money gone. You can put loads on them and make it back.

One driver at a time.

I think the Trucking Company will do well to retire these Suits and kick em to pasture. The peace quiet, sunshine and fresh grass will do wonders for them poor overworked coin counters.

FW will do well to be careful what they put into print.

Everyone knows when you buy something with wheels the value drops by half the moment you drive it off the lot whatever it might be. Thats money gone. You can put loads on them and make it back.

One driver at a time.
Well. The trucking company went under. So they are technically out to pasture, just along with everyone else as well.

Sometimes really bad horrible companies go out of business. Then we can celebrate their demise.

We had one in PA a long time ago. A really difficult outfit. They were bought out in due time by a breakbulk who did not want to pay retail for fresh new trucks of their own to fetch the stuff from Ohio or wherever to them. (Heinz comes to mind) and the free manual labor that came with the service. (Exel)

I hired on to that place at about 230 or so drivers on the bottom of the senior list. In 6 months I was in the low 30's All above me with the exception of the top 15 golden childs were eliminated and turned over into a driver force of about 250 by that time.

The lack of training and so forth were getting tractors destroyed among other losses. Easily preventable among other things. I remember one neglected the fueling line. They ended up draining the entire storage tank into the property around it. The state could not give a ::shit:: about 10,000 gallons of fuel into the grass that day. Other trucks just splashed through it coming and going.

I think the replacement fuel dealer delivery truck sat hub deep in the mess while filling that tank. I dont know. There was quite some storytelling at the lunch counter over that.

When the senior drivers started jumping ship I was right behind them. They lost the top 8 of top 15 in a month. Told me that I should be out of there as well. A sinking ship.

Im glad I did. Literal rats fleeing a titanic thats sinking while the music plays and the people pretend.

However.

The worse things became in that outfit the harder the suits tried to contain the bleeding in everything. It was a fiasco. And some of the things Ive had out with them I carried with me into the rest of my time. Not going through that mess again. And they wonder why I dont cooperate and meekly take my pounding and say thank you sir may I have another?

We cannot be that stupid.