Feds seek input on Teamster pension crisis

Just sent mine in went to regulations.gov 818 letters sent in so far lot more that have to be read before they are posted.....
There need to be thousands not hundreds to maybe wake our congressmen and senators up maybe they will look at Sanders or Portman's bill if enough people take the time to reply...
If you know a retiree that does not have a computer send a reply for them one..

Was reading some of the replies this one caught my eye...
Thought it was interesting someone whose pension is safe at least for now willing to take the time to fight for fellow teamsters.
THIS PERSON MUST BE A OLD SCHOOL TEAMSTER!!!!

I am a retired TEAMSTER who is fortunate not to be in the CSPF fund and whose pension is well funded at this time but even though this does not effect me today it could next week or next month.
I have a couple issues with the pension bill 1... being the way it was passed stuck in the spending bill never debated on the floor given all of maybe a hour of discussion then voted on by people who never took the time to read the bill.
2.. retirees are given the chance to vote but there vote can be overturned by the treasury dept makes no sense why even vote..
3..As I understand it if you do not send in you vote it is a automatic yes vote...
This bill as it stands would have never pass as a stand alone bill and Kline& Miller knew it and that is why they stuck it in the spending bill at the last minute
I have a lot of retired friends who this bill effects most are seeing there pensions cut by 50%. talking to several of them they are concerned some have put there houses on the market as that drastic cut in their income they can no longer afford to pay there taxes and maintain them others are looking at food stamps some even thinking about welfare
These are people who have worked most over 30 years paid into the pension fund instead of receiving raises and are to old to get employment anywhere...
These are just normal people they do not go on exotic vacations pay there bills on time have worked long and hard most of there life's to reach a point where they can retire and live out there remaining days in some comfort like a couple said there will be no more going out to dinner once a week no more donating to different charities forget about a new car or maybe getting that roof fixed.
Sanders and Portman have bills that should be looked at and considered before you make any decisions you are dealing with the seniors of this country these are the people that served our country both in Korea and Vietnam and this is how our government thanks them
in short before you make any decisions think long and hard on this issue think how the bill was passed what it contains and how it will effect so many seniors ERISA worked for the last 40 years it can work again we bailed out the banks the auto industry why cant we do something for the seniors of this country....

Lets take the time to look at the Sanders and Portman bills lets have some honest debate on this issue not some back door bill thrown into a much larger bill knowing it would never stand alone.
This is why the American people are so fed up with our government today..
No documents available.
Attachments
View All (0)

Thanks for the info I will watch unless I did something wrong it says introduced not voted on or debated if that is what they do.
I believe it was read in June.
With the amount of response and the letters that have been sent in who knows that letter from Bruce Trojak says it all....
If his letter gets to the right people it may make a difference god knows he CC it to everyone from the president to the janitor.
Washington is a strange place what is that old sang the squeaky wheel gets the most grease...
At any rate this should be interesting especially come election time.
SENIORS VOTE...

Thanks for the info I will watch unless I did something wrong it says introduced not voted on or debated if that is what they do.
I believe it was read in June.
With the amount of response and the letters that have been sent in who knows that letter from Bruce Trojak says it all....
If his letter gets to the right people it may make a difference god knows he CC it to everyone from the president to the janitor.
Washington is a strange place what is that old sang the squeaky wheel gets the most grease...
At any rate this should be interesting especially come election time.
SENIORS VOTE...
They don't vote if it sits in committee. There they die. America has much larger more important problems than us.