1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

TRUCKING Feds Take Single Mom's $3,000 Tax Refund To Cover Her Student Loans

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by pro1driver, Apr 23, 2019.

1. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    and Elizabeth Warren want to "forgive" up to $50,000 in student loan debt.>???

i say, "you took out the damned loan, get 2, 3, 4 jobs, and pay for it...

i had student loans, that I PAID OFF.

as the saying goes, "don't go for something you cannot afford"....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/per...cover-her-student-loans/ar-BBWd2H7?li=BBnbfcL

i don't know why this is classified as a "trucking subject", i did not choose that....

mods, please move to where it belongs..???

2. SuperCourse

SuperCourse EADGBE

The government runs the student loan program. Just like the governments Fannie and Freddie f'ed up the mortgage market leading to the great recession, the student loan program is a vote buying gift to undeserving people.

3. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Housing loans were given to many that could not or would not make payments. Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac were the driving force behind the recession. W didn't have the political power the stop the bleeding. Remember Barney Frank & Chris Dodd?

4. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT !!! DUMB BEE YOTCH HAS $80K WORTH OF STUDENT DEBT !!! AND NO JOB ? ARE YOU SERIOUS ???

DCM_Doc, Fly-by-night and pro1driver like this.
  5. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

and she 47 so she has been paying on it for some time now. I would like to know what she degree she got for 80K

pro1driver likes this.
  6. Fly-by-night

Don't pay you car loan they take you car. Don't pay you mortgage they take the house. What did she expect no one forced you to take out a student loan.

7. DCM_Doc

I come from a family of educators. All worked part time while they were in college. My children also worked part time & worked summer jobs. With my income & their work, they graduated debt free. It just depends on how hungry one is for education. We as taxpayers don't owe anybody a college degree.

8. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

And the article is worded as such to imply it was so wrong of them to take the money. What did she do with the money that she took ? $80K ain't a few bucks. That's deliberate. She knew when she took all that money that she was responsible for having done it. That is a lot of schooling to be playing dumb.

Fly-by-night, DCM_Doc and pro1driver like this.
  9. Fly-by-night

So who is financing these loans? Is it the big evil bank????

10. DCM_Doc

You saw her making a fool of herself only on Fox. It wasn't politically correct to not blame "Mr. Big Bank" as Watters called the bank executives.

highspeeds likes this.