Feedback

imported_gabbydad

TB Lurker
Credits
I gotta tell you, J1 dock is humming and svc has been fantastic. What is everyone seeing out there? At J1, there's a sense of calm and control. Very little "noise" from customer base. It's been like this for "Weeks". (pun intended). :1036316054:

Also, bunch of team trucks rolling in. Nice equipment. We've always had nice equipment.

Feedback 2 u

You not kidding about the dock - it looks like a hole new terminal...I thought they were cleaning it for a customer tore but I've been told its a hole new dock set up.
It must be - since it has looked like this the last few times Ive been in.

Speed does not equal efficiency.
I've seen way more damaged freight coming out of J1 lately and the dedicated loads are constantly leaving late.
We are trashing Lowe's in western PA and that's a fact.
Can we afford to screw this account up? I doubt it.
On an average load with 10 stops, I have to call OS&D for 3.
Is this an acceptable standard?
Not for me, and it certainly shouldn't be the standard for a company the caliber of Jevic.
The numbers are lying and if you aren't seeing it as a driver, you need to get out and deliver some freight.:1036316054:

Speed does not equal efficiency.
I've seen way more damaged freight coming out of J1 lately and the dedicated loads are constantly leaving late.
We are trashing Lowe's in western PA and that's a fact.
Can we afford to screw this account up? I doubt it.
On an average load with 10 stops, I have to call OS&D for 3.
Is this an acceptable standard?
Not for me, and it certainly shouldn't be the standard for a company the caliber of Jevic.
The numbers are lying and if you aren't seeing it as a driver, you need to get out and deliver some freight.:1036316054:

Totally agree. It's all about balance. I'll send you a PM with my contact ifo so I can pursue.

Hey boys, been out of Jevic for a little over a month now. Sounds like the new FD is doing wonders for J1. Good to hear! Best of luck to you all! Hope you all get the raises you deserve!

you guys are all on DRUGS. we are still getting out late, and i am also calling os&d at least 6x a week. the only reason the dock looks good is because, all of the busy local frt is shoved in the back. and all of the slow or small states that we barley service is up front. and as for equipment is nice if you are a road driver ,or team, or shuttle ,i think that the shuttle guys outa use road eqiupment and hand out the newer local trucks to the rest of the fleet. hell most of the local trucks either come in on the hook. or we can't even get a new seat. how would all of the office people like to sit on the same damm chair that is all worn out for the better part of 10 years i think that these people need to wake up it seems like they are losing good drivers and they don't give a s**t things need a big change for driver moral

THATS A FACT JACK

you guys are all on DRUGS. we are still getting out late, and i am also calling os&d at least 6x a week. the only reason the dock looks good is because, all of the busy local frt is shoved in the back. and all of the slow or small states that we barley service is up front. and as for equipment is nice if you are a road driver ,or team, or shuttle ,i think that the shuttle guys outa use road eqiupment and hand out the newer local trucks to the rest of the fleet. hell most of the local trucks either come in on the hook. or we can't even get a new seat. how would all of the office people like to sit on the same damm chair that is all worn out for the better part of 10 years i think that these people need to wake up it seems like they are losing good drivers and they don't give a s**t things need a big change for driver moral

THATS A FACT JACK

Got any ideas? Sounds like we're about to shut down according to your observations. I talk with at least 5 driver every single day. Face to face, and believe me, they don't hold back. The feedback isn't near what you're posting. So the question is, how do we make it better in your eyes?

The fact is that we have made huge strides forward and the proof is in the customer base that sticks with us. That's not to say we're not without our warts. The idea is that we all have the opportunity to make things even better.

After being with 2 companies no longer around (Holmes & Preston), I choose to do whatever I can to make this place the best. I choose this way because the majority of the folks I work with side by side, in every job category, feel and act the same way.

If you haven't left yet, it's because you have some belief in us, which is a good thing.

Look don't start the crap i am just stating facts. i wait almost everyday to get loaded. granted it is not as long as it used to be, and you cant tell me that the customers dont complain ,they do, because we are the first to hear it when we arrive at thier docks. and you cant sit there and tell me that our equipment isn't crap, because it is if i am not mistaking why doesn't sales hang on to thier cars for 5 to 8 years they do not need a new car every 2 years.and they should not be useing it for personal use either. also if you want to see some real broke down beat up equipment look at the jocky trucks

ALSO IF YOU PAY ATTENTION I DID NOT SAY I HATE MY JOB BUT FOR BETTER MORAL MGMT NEESD TO DO A BETTER JOB

Look don't start the crap i am just stating facts. i wait almost everyday to get loaded. granted it is not as long as it used to be, and you cant tell me that the customers dont complain ,they do, because we are the first to hear it when we arrive at thier docks. and you cant sit there and tell me that our equipment isn't crap, because it is if i am not mistaking why doesn't sales hang on to thier cars for 5 to 8 years they do not need a new car every 2 years.and they should not be useing it for personal use either. also if you want to see some real broke down beat up equipment look at the jocky trucks

ALSO IF YOU PAY ATTENTION I DID NOT SAY I HATE MY JOB BUT FOR BETTER MORAL MGMT NEESD TO DO A BETTER JOB

If you read my response, I'm not starting any crap. I 'm telling you there is a way to make things better if you choose to do more than just post it on here.

And as a matter of fact, what's this "crap" about sales cars? That's a nice, uninformed dig on your part.

I don't understand why people can't tell between constructive criticism vs "tit for tat".

If you are waiting on freight to be loaded and getting paid for it dont complain. But, I bet if you ask if you can locate the freight for the forklift driver Im sure they will pay for that also. Find a way to be productive and being paid instead of sitting and wonder when the job will be done.

If you are waiting on freight to be loaded and getting paid for it dont complain. But, I bet if you ask if you can locate the freight for the forklift driver Im sure they will pay for that also. Find a way to be productive and being paid instead of sitting and wonder when the job will be done.

hey fool walking around the dock is dangerous i have seen guys almost get hit by the forklift and by the way i am very productive all day long 13hrs a day usually and i sweep out the trl so the dock guy can do his job when is the last time you did that :butt kiss: i am sure you did:nutkick:

dont blame dave for the ten year old trucks blame the past oners they sucked all the mony out of this co and it will take somre time to recover its not going to happen over knight at least we are getting new trucks

hey fool walking around the dock is dangerous i have seen guys almost get hit by the forklift and by the way i am very productive all day long 13hrs a day usually and i sweep out the trl so the dock guy can do his job when is the last time you did that :butt kiss: i am sure you did:nutkick:

Your mentalitily is zero

loser

Mothertrucker - no offense - but you really need to adjust your attitude....you ever think of going somewhere else instead of always *****ing and moaning...I like this place - if you think we're all idiots - what they heck are YOU doinghere, loser?

I am new so I am not getting into this but I was on the dock the other day because I needed my load swapped out and I was told to get off the dock there is no use for me on the dock, so for finding the frieght myself I will pass.... Trying to find my stops in brooklyn, queens,etc... is hard enough....:hide:

I'm not new and I was REPORTED as "harrassing" the dock employees when I told them they were loading the wrong freight into my trailer.

And they were. Sorry, I'm not helping a bunch of buttwipes "locate" freight when some of them can't find their butt with two hands and a flashlight.

Your mentalitily is zero

wow did it take long to think that up:1036316054: as for door matt you are correct i feel the same way when i tell them i need the frt loaded a certin way they sometimes say no this is the way it was routed some times others have to step up a correct other problems to get some others fixed:chairshot:

I'm not new and I was REPORTED as "harrassing" the dock employees when I told them they were loading the wrong freight into my trailer.

And they were. Sorry, I'm not helping a bunch of buttwipes "locate" freight when some of them can't find their butt with two hands and a flashlight.

Drive your truck and deliver the freight is all we ask..

Drive your truck and deliver the freight is all we ask..

Kinda hard to deliver freight that isn't on the truck, even if the bills say it is. Kinda hard to deliver freight when it's double stacked and the bills say "do not double stack" and the customer won't accept double stacked freight. Equally hard to deliver freight when it's turned and the customer doesn't have a towmotor. Just like bills that say pup only and the freight gets loaded on a 53'.

I WISH driving and delivery were all I had to do. Dream job, lemme tell ya.