Feedback

Im pretty new too - and have worked for some sh*t outfits. THis place is the best Ive seen. Got some warts but I work around them as best i can.
As for equipent - I would bet that some of the long term office jockies are still sitting in the same chair they've had aslong as they've been here...I don't see a whole lot of fancy furniture when I'm @J1 or next door.
And I've heard alot of cr*p about the previous management/owners and I think this prezident and his people seem to be straight shooters trying to get us back to being a trucking leader.
Thats my .02. I agree with the guys saying find a way to help. it makes my day better to focus on whats good and what i can do to make this place better versus complaining and being miserable all the time. lifes to short..

waiting and morewaiting

we as drivers are ask to just del. or p/u frt.and make sure you are on time dont be late, it does not matter how late you leave a
term.once trl. loaded then it takes another 45-1hr to get your trip sheet and bills and thats on agood day and if you are there sat.mornx office could care less when you leave

my goodness I havnt been on here for a while. I cant believe the discontent. Are you local guys getting payed for waiting for your loads ? Are not the shuttle guys getting g&a for waiting? I know waiting for a load is a pain,but I always got paid for it. What about the 401k being mesed up? I havnt heard anything about this! please tell us about that.I have been off on sick leave for three mo. an I am comming back on Monday. Have been out of the loop! 1 1/4 cent does not sound too bad to me if the leave our insurance alone !

What I hear the paper work is really getting quicker when Bill S. is standing there. Whats that all about? Cant MS. D work without being looked after.

Now for NC I have a lot of buddys that work there. What I hear is they have a LOT OF THERE PROBLEMS. Late freight leaving ,not enough time to get to where they are going,loaded wrong , still having coustmers moving frieght to get thiers. Dont sound any greener or better there! So ! I really dont care about them . Every body has thier own problems.I like working for Jevic good or bad Ive seen good times an bad But I think They are one of the best things going!!!

Now for NC I have a lot of buddys that work there. What I hear is they have a LOT OF THERE PROBLEMS. Late freight leaving ,not enough time to get to where they are going,loaded wrong , still having coustmers moving frieght to get thiers. Dont sound any greener or better there! So ! I really dont care about them . Every body has thier own problems.I like working for Jevic good or bad Ive seen good times an bad But I think They are one of the best things going!!!

Mr. Mayflower, let me give you some advice: Don't post positive things on here. There are individuals who will castigate you for telling the truth and being balanced.

They want to turn this place from a forum to a dumping ground for discontent and will turn you into Heavens forbid, a "company man".

Had an off duty NC driver stop while i was broken down on thurs nite(another topic).We chatted.He said the main difference is the color of the trucks.Yes,he is ex-jevic

Agreement on equipment

I have to agree w/mothertrucker! it seems that alot of the shuttle equipment seems to get damaged more frequently then the local fleet..... and as far as keeping the trucks clean, some of the shuttle drivers need a lesson in house keeping, coffee covered dashboards and trash knee deep on the floor is unexceptable! they need something a little less fancy for shuttle.. look what fed-ex and conway drivers get for shuttle, no frills trucking. You should reward the guy's who take care of there trucks...not trash it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree w/mothertrucker! it seems that alot of the shuttle equipment seems to get damaged more frequently then the local fleet..... and as far as keeping the trucks clean, some of the shuttle drivers need a lesson in house keeping, coffee covered dashboards and trash knee deep on the floor is unexceptable! they need something a little less fancy for shuttle.. look what fed-ex and conway drivers get for shuttle, no frills trucking. You should reward the guy's who take care of there trucks...not trash it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not only the shuttle trucks for ConWay and FedEx that are no frills. Their whole fleet is no frills. None of their trucks have radios. Would you be happy if our whole fleet was like that? I agree that everyone should take care of their trucks. But its not only shuttle drivers that trash their trucks.

Spoke with a fueler at J1.He claims trashed ,damaged,abused equiptment is part of the reason raises are lousy.Shop costs have risen.My opinon,dont be suprised if a cleaning deposit is started.Followed by regular condition inspections.

No i am not picking on the shuttle drivers, but its true. when they take off ,or the truck is not being used rental drivers or newbies will use thier trucks and trash them.I have seen the damage first hand . like when i have been off and my truck gets used it is screwed up some how, but it has only been a few times where i have gotten it back and it was in good condition, but i truley belive that the shop cost have gone way up is due to the poor shape the trucks are in .and here is the funny part. if the safety bonus is part of your pay i do belive if we have a small fender bender and loose our bonus we should be able to claim that on our taxes as an expense since it came out of our pay.Look i know Dave G. can't keep track of everything thats why he is to rely on his employees. we try to tell him but i would imagine they(below dave) tell him everything is OK its not they are just trying to save thier jobs. LOOK I GOT A GOOD IDEA DAVE IF YOU ARE READING THIS US DRIVERS YOU PICK THEM WILL MEET YOU ON A SUNDAY MORNING AND OPEN TRUCKS FOR YOU AT RANDOM AND YOU CAN SEE THE CONDITION THEY ARE IN!!!

Your right ! Some of the shuttle trucks are looking rough BUT ! Look at the miles on them. My truck has 630000 miles on it an has been hit with cement off a bridge that was never fixed Hit a deer rt ft fender that was never fixed. The truck runs 1140 miles a day with very little maintenance. My codriver an I keep it clean inside an get it washed once a month.When we get it pm"ed we run a road or a local truck. Thats where I see all the garbage an dirt!! An that about someone checking the inside of trucks. I thought that was being done by our oh so valued lead drivers!!

trashy Trucks, slip seating newbies

Every time we have one of our so Called drivers meetings ths ishue of our trashed out trucks is brought up! and the same excuse is always given,,, "we will put somebody in charge and they will follow up on this. "We will get back to you on this. How many times have we heard that? the problem will be taken care of! Or better yet the newbie's wait for you to come in, and jump in your truck when you leave and don't bring it back in time for you to start the next am, Nobody checks on this, your logbook and all your stuff you need to work for that day is gone and mangement replys!!
"you should not leave your personel stuff in the truck" and your reply! is Then why is that truck ishued to me? and why am I responceable for that truck inside and out!!!! you got to love it!!!! Debbie does have pic's of some trashy cab's but nobody is checking them regular basis..

In the last two years I've had 8 weeks vacation. 6 of those 8 I've come back to a wrecked truck. This year alone they wrecked it when I was out during Memorial Day vacation, it was gone a month, I had it two weeks, went on vacation and it was wrecked again.

I hate leaving my truck for service; it's constantly given away to the temps who fill it full of trash, stink it up with their body oder and smoke and leave it generally in very bad condition.

The last time one of them had my truck, I had to just about chisel the smoke residue off the inside of my windshield. Whatever happened to keeping non-smoking drivers trucks, non-smoking?

what happened to keeping non-smoking drivers trucks, non-smoking?

I can answer that NOBODY GIVES A CRAP they hear you complain and you walk away and do your load DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY CARE?? BUT I BET IF YOU TRASHED AN OFFICE LIKE THEY DO THE TRUCKS THERE WOULD BE HELL TO PAY!!

It's all a dog and pony show!!! they always tell you they will look in to it, and you never hear anything more, and driver's development and relations have really fallen by the waist side. since the dismissal of charley shenk that department is worthless asfor as following up on drivers problems.