Estes | FEMA - Any MidWest drivers going West?

I'm really not henpecked Von, you see who's working and who's the supervisor.

Are you sure she isn't the supervisor. I can plainly see the crooked lines on the yard caused by your weaving in traffic, (even thought I can't find any traffic). Son drinking & driving a 60 inch ZTR is not the way to go thru life.

Are you sure she isn't the supervisor. I can plainly see the crooked lines on the yard caused by your weaving in traffic, (even thought I can't find any traffic). Son drinking & driving a 60 inch ZTR is not the way to go thru life.
I'll have you know, what I say, goes.

In one ear and out the other!

I'll have you know, what I say, goes.

In one ear and out the other!
It must be really quite difficult to post anything since what you say travels through one ear and out the other with no resistance. So I suspect that your brain is a lot like the inside of a ping pong ball. Filled with a lot of hot air. von.

It must be really quite difficult to post anything since what you say travels through one ear and out the other with no resistance. So I suspect that your brain is a lot like the inside of a ping pong ball. Filled with a lot of hot air. von.
If that doesn't cut you to the quick nothing will, and it's hell navigating around TB with a cut quick!

A few drivers I know that work at Estes in Midwest were offered to go to Miami for FEMA. They said you make a lot of money because you are paid for all of your time ( including when you're off duty )

Just curious is this accurate?
This is stunning to me. If I understand this situation correctly, Estes basically contracts out road drivers to go on standby, for the FEDS, in case, FEMA needs short notice drivers to move loads.
I worked Linehaul Saia for over 20 years and never heard of any Saia road drivers working for FEMA.

This is stunning to me. If I understand this situation correctly, Estes basically contracts out road drivers to go on standby, for the FEDS, in case, FEMA needs short notice drivers to move loads.
I worked Linehaul Saia for over 20 years and never heard of any Saia road drivers working for FEMA.
Precisely, they can be city drivers as well. Sometimes they actually work but in a lot of cases it’s a bunch of sitting around, mileage may vary. Get a small taste of how wasteful our wonderful government is and it really makes one resent paying taxes, the waste is mind boggling and it’s so minute in the grand scheme of things.

Precisely, they can be city drivers as well. Sometimes they actually work but in a lot of cases it’s a bunch of sitting around, mileage may vary. Get a small taste of how wasteful our wonderful government is and it really makes one resent paying taxes, the waste is mind boggling and it’s so minute in the grand scheme of things.
We hauled a lot of freight (free) to hurricane victims around Charleston S C, I never heard of FEMA being involved in our pay.
Who knows? our checks were still PIE.

Government waste? Check this out. von.

years ago fema had 30 o/o sitting in americold in fogelsville pa. loaded with ice at 75.00 per hour for days waiting in case they were needed down south. fema fueled their tractors and refers on our dime