Estes | FEMA - Any MidWest drivers going West?

A few drivers I know that work at Estes in Midwest were offered to go to Miami for FEMA. They said you make a lot of money because you are paid for all of your time ( including when you're off duty )

Just curious is this accurate?

A few drivers I know that work at Estes in Midwest were offered to go to Miami for FEMA. They said you make a lot of money because you are paid for all of your time ( including when you're off duty )

Just curious is this accurate?
This is accurate. There are different levels based on the assignment but most fall into Level 2. In 2017 the rate was $500 a day plus $65 a day for meal reimbursement (per diem. No clue what it pays now.

This is accurate. There are different levels based on the assignment but most fall into Level 2. In 2017 the rate was $500 a day plus $65 a day for meal reimbursement (per diem. No clue what it pays now.
Thanks for the information! Hopefully this will help them decide to take it or leave it in the future. The way they described how it was offered to them is they had to agree to going without knowing exactly when they might be asked to leave.

At my terminal it’s normally the same guys that go over and over, it’s like a club and if you aren’t in you aren’t going, no matter how much seniority you have.
At my terminal it's the guys that go out of town to help out at other terminals that get first shot at it. They pay you mileage to get you to the closest terminal and then you go on FEMA pay. You also will be in a sleeper because generally the hotels and motels are damaged and not open.

Wait... WHAT??? Jody is taking over? Well, THAT changes EVERYTHING!
lol, it’s obvious some guys are really into their wives and are henpecked!
Some go outta their way to do nice things for them!
My wife hit the jackpot with me as long as she continues to cook, clean, take care of kids, do laundry etc.
Too each their own I reckon

lol, it’s obvious some guys are really into their wives and are henpecked!
Some go outta their way to do nice things for them!
My wife hit the jackpot with me as long as she continues to cook, clean, take care of kids, do laundry etc.
Too each their own I reckon
Not sure you could call me henpecked, I wake in the morning, stick my foot in the commode, and pee down my leg so I don't wake her.