Holland | Financial’s

Who is to say they would keep doubles?
Pups are reason for a lot of damaged freight.
PT would replace teams.
Meet and turn runs can eliminate teams.
You think Scott Ware was put where he is for nothing?
Pups save time on vias instead of having to wait to unload them you can continue to next terminal you can drop one trailer keep moving

I don't agree with forcing teams work with who volunteers. Some companies advertise no forced sleeper teams like SAIA.

Pups are reason for a lot of damaged freight?

How do you figure that?

Single axle tractor and single axle trailers do not float over bumps in road or pot holes as well as tandems. This is one reason that Holland always had one of lowest claims in industry, no pups in line haul. Plus dock guys were taught how to load freight from old school guys who cared about their jobs and livelihood. Unfortunately that topic is a completely new thread that would only end up being a pissing match.

We are our own worst enemy, show pride do your job right and treat freight and equipment like you own it.

Single axle tractor and single axle trailers do not float over bumps in road or pot holes as well as tandems. This is one reason that Holland always had one of lowest claims in industry, no pups in line haul. Plus dock guys were taught how to load freight from old school guys who cared about their jobs and livelihood. Unfortunately that topic is a completely new thread that would only end up being a pissing match.

We are our own worst enemy, show pride do your job right and treat freight and equipment like you own it.
So you’re saying Holland’s low claim ratio for year’s, or at least before Yellow bought them , was because they ran vans and not pups?

So you’re saying Holland’s low claim ratio for year’s, or at least before Yellow bought them , was because they ran vans and not pups?
Not 100% but very much a contributing factor, along with the fact old school men taught guys the right way, guys would stop and help you if they saw something wrong or were glad to help if you had a guestion. Holland also used kick and pick in line haul which kept a lot of freight being handled excessively.
Times have changed ,like I said we are our own worst enemies.

Not 100% but very much a contributing factor, along with the fact old school men taught guys the right way, guys would stop and help you if they saw something wrong or were glad to help if you had a guestion. Holland also used kick and pick in line haul which kept a lot of freight being handled excessively.
Times have changed ,like I said we are our own worst enemies.
Holland’s operations, before YRC screwed it all up, was all service based,mostly next day,floored out trailers,not stacked, scheduled cut times, direct to delivering terminal. They were probably the best in the country at it.

Holland’s operations, before YRC screwed it all up, was all service based,mostly next day,floored out trailers,not stacked, scheduled cut times, direct to delivering terminal. They were probably the best in the country at it.
Velocity centers have increased damage , as well as part timers with lack of experience.
It would be nice if employees had a voice in problems with top brass. I understand that most of us are not college grads, although some of best education comes from experienced and tenure. I remember round table meeting in Holland Mi. We sent guy with little experience and little knowledge of LTL.

Pups are the worst idea invention ever (1) need twice as many barn doors (2) back pup beats up freight bad (3) 15% more Overtime D & H them 5-10 times a day in the city (4) 15% more yard time D & H them and plus Jamie says they are not a cost effective way of moving freight !! So 53' Big Boy, real trucker trailers are the way they will go with for the merger !!

Pups are the worst idea invention ever (1) need twice as many barn doors (2) back pup beats up freight bad (3) 15% more Overtime D & H them 5-10 times a day in the city (4) 15% more yard time D & H them and plus Jamie says they are not a cost effective way of moving freight !! So 53' Big Boy, real trucker trailers are the way they will go with for the merger !!

Start pulling 53' doubles, kill two birds with one stone.

Start pulling 53' doubles, kill two birds with one stone.
Great idea and Big Boy 53' trailers are the way to go !
USF-Holland-Inc.-%E2%80%93-Re-Done-Trailer-skin-6.jpg

You forgot a -15 percent cut when pulling big box only too, partner.

I agree with you in principle. Human nature being what it is, it's getting hard to bring any sort of pride to the job when you see what they're hiring. On our end and behind the glass too. From the TM to the sup's it's a mutual contempt club. the only metric they care about, is discipline. And watching a Generation Y supervisor take a picture of a trailer with 4 totes of hazmat on the ass end take a picture and seal the door, "whew! made the cut time! alright!!!". Then have the same sup look at me
and point at his watch.

I agree with you in principle. Human nature being what it is, it's getting hard to bring any sort of pride to the job when you see what they're hiring. On our end and behind the glass too. From the TM to the sup's it's a mutual contempt club. the only metric they care about, is discipline. And watching a Generation Y supervisor take a picture of a trailer with 4 totes of hazmat on the ass end take a picture and seal the door, "whew! made the cut time! alright!!!". Then have the same sup look at me
and point at his watch.
2 tier wages on the dock doesn't help either a lot of resentment when you only top out at 19hr working next to someone making 23hr doing the same job.

2 tier wages on the dock doesn't help either a lot of resentment when you only top out at 19hr working next to someone making 23hr doing the same job.
2 tier wage , but what about these new guys getting FULL wage after just 30 days , when rest of us had to work 3 yrs to get full pay or being put on probation on 1st day & then put on board even after having wrecks & calling in sick with no sick days ?? point is the system is broke , like line-haul running guys in empty & then sending them out empty again ?? end maybe getting near then we think ???:confusion:

I don't know how many of our Dock only realize they make less. We have a couple who sprint out the door
at work available. They've been calling it 6 hours into the shift the last week or so. I had to explain that they gave up their 8 hour guarantee. "Wait what?"