Estes | financial peace

It won't matter after the first of the year when the Health Care Expense Bill passes..We are all going to have one giant credit card bill anyway..If I can survive for the next 5 years,my house will be paid for and they can..............Well,ya know..

It won't matter after the first of the year when the Health Care Expense Bill passes..We are all going to have one giant credit card bill anyway..If I can survive for the next 5 years,my house will be paid for and they can..............Well,ya know..

Now that just plain SUCKS !! We all need to get debt free, just to be able to pay our taxes :Flame-On:

Now that just plain SUCKS !! We all need to get debt free, just to be able to pay our taxes :Flame-On:
Just think if everyone was living cheap and debt free. There would't be any freight to haul. I think it's good we all don't think the same.

On ROB'S dvd meeting we watched a week ago, I recall ROB saying, i have not bought any new equipment since 2006. he as how ever bought equip. from penske,which he most likely paid cash for. By buying used and paying cash, he did 2 things, kept from having to pay interest on loans, and also did not take the hit for depreciation by pulling new egiup. off the lot. HHmmmm !!!!! Sounds like the same strategy DAVE RAMSEY would try to get across !! Rob, if you are reading this thread, maybe if you would stop running your company ""DEBT FREE" and " IN THE CHEAP" maybe us drivers would "HAVE SOME FREIGHT TO HAUL" Just a thought.
A year and ahalf ago, I left work on friday to have a good weekend at home. MON. morning I was sent a fed. ex. express mailer that said I longer was gainfully employed !! OUCH!! Any way, point being, if I had not been under the RAMSEY system, where do you guys thinks I would be financially ?? Since working here, I am working for half the wages, and right now working 1 to 2 days a week, bringing home 400 dollars, I'm still making it !! I'm not at all happy with the pay ,but will survive !! Anyway, I'm not looking for sympathy or trying to brag, just playing the cards that were dealt to me.
This whole thread is not about me, but to get the word out there that you have other options out there, than to blow your heart out at the kitchen table.
Life is about choices people. Do I need that item, or do I just want it because the JONES'S have it ?? Some people choose to work smarter, some choose to work harder.I have no desire to pay 150 dollars a month, on interest, on 15000 dollars credit card debt, THAT'S MY CHOICE. Maybe you do,THAT'S YOUR CHOICE.
Anyway,like I said at the start, check it out, and if it's not for you great, if it is great, you will find life changing from that point forword.
DAVE RAMSEY.COM will get you on his sight.
I am not going to use this thread for a war of words, so happy holidays to all our families and the LORD take a shining to you also, I'm outta here

I am not anti-toy I think anybody should buy anything they want as long as they make the money first and then buy it instead of borrowing and then paying it back.

DON'T BE A SLAVE TO THE LENDER

I am so sick of seeing people giving their money away, buying ::shit:: they can't afford and then not trying to figure out a way to get out of the vicious cycle.

Problem is, most people don't know the difference between a want and a need.

DON'T BE A SLAVE TO THE LENDER
Problem is, most people don't know the difference between a want and a need.

That's the truth Jeff. The Bible has been warning man about that for many years. But so many times we don't listen.

Proverbs 22:7-"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."

That's the truth Jeff. The Bible has been warning man about that for many years. But so many times we don't listen.

Proverbs 22:7-"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."

absolutely, also somewhere it says a camel will fit thru the eye of a pin faster than a rich man thru the pearly gates

Yep those words of Jesus are recorded 3 times... Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25 and.....
Luke 18:25-"For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Jesus is making the point that a rich man will depend on his money and not God.

Yep those words of Jesus are recorded 3 times... Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25 and.....
Luke 18:25-"For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Jesus is making the point that a rich man will depend on his money and not God.

That's a good one right there. I'm starting to understand why some prayers don't get answered.