SAIA | Financial Release 7/31/2019

I don’t know how they come up with the decrease in weight factors, in our place, I’ve seen an upsurge in heavier, ugly, flatbed freight than I’ve ever seen. Even 2500 lb plts of water are more frequent. I’m not buying that part at all.

I don’t know how they come up with the decrease in weight factors, in our place, I’ve seen an upsurge in heavier, ugly, flatbed freight than I’ve ever seen. Even 2500 lb plts of water are more frequent. I’m not buying that part at all.
It’s company wide average. Your barn may be hauling dense and heavy freight, and the next place may be hauling styrofoam or artificial flowers.

I really liked the part where you said you would **** somebody up, almost pissed myself laughing, last time you tried that you got your ass kicked and got fired.

I really liked the part where you said you would :censored: somebody up, almost pissed myself laughing, last time you tried that you got your ass kicked and got fired.
You know how it went down at Overnite. I got the better end of that fight because I caught him from behind. I went to jail in case you forgot that part so I can’t really say I won. I never came on here and claimed I was 6’5” and was some sort of bad ass. We were evenly matched and I just got the better end before being dragged off to jail. My behavior was unacceptable but that Teamsters campaign just sent me over the edge. As they say Joe...
2uaQdys.jpg

It’s company wide average. Your barn may be hauling dense and heavy freight, and the next place may be hauling styrofoam or artificial flowers.

Yes I get all that, I believe it’s do to the sales department drastically cutting rates to get more business. We’re picking everything up that doesn’t make the forbidden list. Whatever the reason, I still believe there fudging the numbers. Well we got a raise none the less so I’m expecting the heat. Nothing comes for free.

Well we got a raise none the less so I’m expecting the heat. Nothing comes for free.
I was in a dark terminal this weekend and next to the time clock was the P & D numbers for each of their city drivers. (Stops/bills per hour/route miles) I guess this is the expecting the heat.

Well,OD is not the type of company that will turn their backs on the drivers. They may go with the cameras,but I would almost guarantee you that they would never keep us from doing the things that were allowed to do that's not against the law.
Yes it is. It’s a corporation and doesn’t care about your backs. Give it time; you will see the light

I was in a dark terminal this weekend and next to the time clock was the P & D numbers for each of their city drivers. (Stops/bills per hour/route miles) I guess this is the expecting the heat.

Well that’s where it all begins, numbers. Everything and everybody is just a number like we’re all a bunch of ****ing robots. I get so sick of it. The human factor here is gone and they won’t hear a damn thing you say unless the computer “plan” says so. Just my rant about it, maybe it’s because I have a dick for a tm. Every time we’ve got a raise, they start cutting guys and threatening more as if they hated giving you the raise to begin with. I always have appreciated a raise and tell them so no matter how small, but this is the only company I’ve ever worked for that acts as if you stole it and they need to make YOU pay.

Well,OD is not the type of company that will turn their backs on the drivers. They may go with the cameras,but I would almost guarantee you that they would never keep us from doing the things that were allowed to do that's not against the law.

I seriously hope your relationship with your employer stays good for you all, and it sounds as if it is now or you’ll end up with our mess. Are compensation package is good here but beyond that it sucks. Once they create monsters, it’ll be a harder road. kudos to your upper brass for recognizing that.

I wonder if they factor in drive time for stops/hour? Or if you have a s&s, stairs, or other challenges.

I wonder if they factor in drive time for stops/hour? Or if you have a s&s, stairs, or other challenges.
I highly doubt it, when I was a P & D driver they thought all stops were created equal. (Chemical plants, Nuclear plants, inside deliveries, Military bases).
Should all be 15 minute stops..... That never happen.

Yes and no. Every bill counts as 1 bph even if there’s 20 bills at one place.That’s why you see some names with high bph counts. At the end of the day as you spread out, that number will average out for your total hours. TM’s love multiple bills at 1 place because it looks good for the numbers but isn’t representing the day. We add accessorials in hh at delv. Construction, school, hospital, LGate etc..which are additional charges. Anything over 15 minutes depending on weight is charged as detention. No stairs or steps allowed.