ABF | Fire @ 042

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
xtL1F1B.jpg

I’m not sure if the rear of the tractors are on fire or if there’s another row of tractors behind them that are on fire. Also last time I talked to my buddy up there they hadn’t determined a cause yet....
Thanks. Knowing how they just sit waiting for a set to hook to, I think electrical. Hot touching ground? A electronic device in the cab always powered, overheated. Interior overhead light left on & overheated? von.

If the fire started on a tractor I would think the heat from a regen may be the culprit. In the first pic the fairing looks like it is starting to melt on 17526 from the heat behind it.

If the fire started on a tractor I would think the heat from a regen may be the culprit. In the first pic the fairing looks like it is starting to melt on 17526 from the heat behind it.
I think you are correct. What kind of temp during re-gen? 1500? von.

Temperatures in the 1100 (f) range are normal. I think the temperature sensors will send a signal to abort the regen if temperatures go up to 1400 to protect the DPF. If you noticed tractors with regen have thick stainless flex pipes, (called bellows) because a flex pipe like the old tractors used would not last long.
I have seen brakes lock up on one wheel in cold wet weather & if driven will get hot enough to start a fire. It might be difficult to determine a cause due to the intense heat that destroyed everything unless somebody saw where the fire first started.