Yellow | Fire at Pontiac mi

[quote author=wolf link=topic=80177.msg830733#msg830733 date=1274135172]
Just to add to the info they were Lithium batteries and and there were many questions about required placards. And It was a Yellow legacy man switching so I guess we Rdwy guys were wrong. Some Yellows can make a decision on there own. :biglaugh: :duel: :stir:

Ps. I/S I think its funny as all get out that Yellow had way more junk trailers than Big R. Then again being a Road driver you never opened a junk door 23 times a day. The holes you patched let in the sunlight so we could see easier. Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :dance:
[/quote]Wolf, I have a pocket knife that I am going to frame that made me over $10,000 of clock time in 4 months, just by carving up those ******* trailers. The trailer lights seemed to work better after the surgery. :biglaugh:

Trailer Lights? In the city we never drove once the sun went down. Besides, the DOT spent all its time watching the freeway so we did'nt worry about much......except that rear door. :poke: :biglaugh:

I was told that a load lock fell down on a industrial battery in transit and short circuited the battery causing the fire. I have heard of this happening before, I don't know why there isn't a law requiring the shippers to cover the battery posts when in transit!

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80177.msg830818#msg830818 date=1274153409]
DOT regs do not require a trailer against the dock to be placarded.
[/quote]TRUE....but it is by OSHA....DOT takes over once it hits a public road....OSHA enforces the workplace....KK

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=80177.msg831012#msg831012 date=1274228249]
[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80177.msg830818#msg830818 date=1274153409]
DOT regs do not require a trailer against the dock to be placarded.
[/quote]TRUE....but it is by OSHA....DOT takes over once it hits a public road....OSHA enforces the workplace....KK
[/quote]Well I like to have OSHA stop over at 309, along with the Center of Disease Control as well. The place is filthy, not a healthy environment for people to work at.

All you have to do is pick up the phone OSHA will be glad to come over for a visit. While your at it call the fire Marshall and Health Dept. They all have someone on the payroll that needs something for YOUR TAX DOLLARS to do. That will stir up the local managers too. After all is this what its all about ? Dam I miss this stuff.

Just a note here:
At 881/SLC the fire marshal appears to have been bought off by the company after they gave the Fire Dept their old gas tanker trailer. Ever since that tanker went down to the fire station the marshal seems to look the other way now.

edited for allegations/attacks Vwaggs

[quote author=paininda link=topic=80177.msg831128#msg831128 date=1274268046]
What do you know johnny, you don't work there anymore.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
[/quote]Yeah, but I am not selfish either. I don't want to see anyone else getting sick to something that isn't curable. It seemed to keep the original people at 309 from ever filing a grievance.