First Solo Run

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Today I had my first solo run, the company gave me a 3 stop auxiliary run way out east. Any how I was able to make it to all my stops make all my deliveries pick up any returns that I needed to pick up and do everything else that I needed to do as well. I got my self to all the stops and I got my self back from all the stops. It actually went pretty smooth the one boss gave me his phone number said if I have any problems call. Well I said to my self were going to get this done. I made it back to the warehouse parked the truck and went to do my end of the day paper work everything matched.

The boss asked me how it all went "I said just fine everything works."

So I guess I must have passed the solo run test did everything I was supposed to didn't have to call the boss or anything, figured it all out my self. I've had enough training now to where I see what has to happen. No spills no breaks really very drama free.

Today I had a run with my bosses boss. Actually it wasn't a bad route fairly good case count,and it was only 10 stops too so it really wasn't bad. In a 20 bay side loader. I haven't been in a side loader forever. 20 bays the biggest side loader then make, it's longer then a 28' pup trailer around 30 something feet long. Any how I'm at the hardest part right now in training the right on the line, obviously with yesterdays little test there getting real close to getting ready to shove me off, on my own. I'm not there yet, but I'm right at the threshold.