Yellow | " Flexibility" another word for concessions ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Flexibility is just another word for concessions , yrc is being all 'secret' about the "flexibility" that they want ?? WHY ?? thinking they are wanting to change work rules, etc and call it flexibility ,NOT concessions ? beware of the fine print here & on how quickly they want this done ??? gee prefect timing right before the holidays & knowing the union wants to go to holiday party's and not deal with this . flexibility ? think we have been with pay,vac.time, pension,etc , IF it needed to be done so fast then WHY did'nt they start this back say in June or July ?? the CFO & Welch knew the payments were coming due in 2014 ?????? :regretful:

Flexibility is just another word for concessions , yrc is being all 'secret' about the "flexibility" that they want ?? WHY ?? thinking they are wanting to change work rules, etc and call it flexibility ,NOT concessions ? beware of the fine print here & on how quickly they want this done ??? gee prefect timing right before the holidays & knowing the union wants to go to holiday party's and not deal with this . flexibility ? think we have been with pay,vac.time, pension,etc , IF it needed to be done so fast then WHY did'nt they start this back say in June or July ?? the CFO & Welch knew the payments were coming due in 2014 ?????? :regretful:

It's not just YRC management. Hell, I KNEW that the payments would be due - we all did after the last MOU. I agree, we've been represented terribly.

Guys I hate to say it, but what it boils down to, in Mr. Welches head, is that Yrc needs to be more like non union companies to remain competitive in the ltl marketplace. Do you really think the banks are goiong refinance this company on work rule changes? No. The banks have been and alwys will be about money. We, in some way shape or form, Will be taking a money hit. It is just that yrc will not come out and say that directly. Oh and be ware of that word "additional" as in they are not taking any additional monetary concessions but we're just not giving you anything else. Not giving you raises etc..... Be safe guys.

I hope I'm wrong with that last post, but I have never seen yrc cut us a break either, or they try to pull a fast one over us.

Very well put. How many companies out there have anything like our work rules? Most are not even close. Upsf, ups dont run like we do, non unions dont do what we do , and many work the dock to some extent as road drivers. I think we will be doin more work a drivers is a good possability. Wait for a hook for hours and get paid for delay. When u could go out and do it urself immediataly. Non unions have under cut us for decades. Now this is the norm . It would not supprise me if we are to some extent goin down that road.

It's not just YRC management. Hell, I KNEW that the payments would be due - we all did after the last MOU. I agree, we've been represented terribly.

Isn't that why the IBT insisted on two board members... To protect our interests??? Oh wait,one is there for his own personal gain and the other other than a few words about the pensions hasn't been heard from.... Just another shame pulled on us from the IBT..

Very well put. How many companies out there have anything like our work rules? Most are not even close. Upsf, ups dont run like we do, non unions dont do what we do , and many work the dock to some extent as road drivers. I think we will be doin more work a drivers is a good possability. Wait for a hook for hours and get paid for delay. When u could go out and do it urself immediataly. Non unions have under cut us for decades. Now this is the norm . It would not supprise me if we are to some extent goin down that road.

wait a minute! we already ARE doing our own drops & hooks at satellite terminals,at least where I am. and again they exploited that & it took a clarification by international to stop breaking sets to dock when going to bed.if they don't pre string when eqpt is available don't forget its triple time.at least for now...

Isn't that why the IBT insisted on two board members... To protect our interests??? Oh wait,one is there for his own personal gain and the other other than a few words about the pensions hasn't been heard from.... Just another shame pulled on us from the IBT..

I think a real coup for the teamsters would be to appoint two drivers to the board. I also have a new idea for a contribution. At $52 a month, if 26,000 teamsters contributed their dues to the company instead of IBT then we would pull in close to 17 million dollars each year. Over the past few years we may have saved enough to pay some of these interest payments.

I think a real coup for the teamsters would be to appoint two drivers to the board. I also have a new idea for a contribution. At $52 a month, if 26,000 teamsters contributed their dues to the company instead of IBT then we would pull in close to 17 million dollars each year. Over the past few years we may have saved enough to pay some of these interest payments.
so your not giving the company enough now you would give them more as in your dues? Wow.