ABF | Florida Pension

Just transferred to Ocala, FL. Guys say the pension is the few good things we got compared to other locals. Less flexibility with personal days and weekly insurance eligibility are the big cons in the central states that I found so far.

Just transferred to Ocala, FL. Guys say the pension is the few good things we got compared to other locals. Less flexibility with personal days and weekly insurance eligibility are the big cons in the central states that I found so far.
I'm in Pennsylvania Wich is also central states. Once we have the punches in the current quarter the insurance is paid for the next quarter.
Personal days don't have anything to do with insurance those are handled in the contract or supplement that you fall under.

What pension fund is Florida in? May look into moving to the panhandle at some point. How does it pay out.
Maybe this will help. You get credit for 1% of your yearly contributions. In other words, if you get $16,000 paid in for one year, you get $160.00 monthly credit for that year age 62 or after. 20 years equals $3200.00 a month after age 62. 30 years equals $4800 a month after age 62. Below is the formula and my current estimate at age 62 and 3 months (in 2025).

7BD51C4E-05AA-4296-842F-DBC13AEE9B5E.md.jpg
F1C2FF71-21F0-4676-8CF6-5440E213CAF1.md.jpg

I'm in Pennsylvania Wich is also central states. Once we have the punches in the current quarter the insurance is paid for the next quarter.
Personal days don't have anything to do with insurance those are handled in the contract or supplement that you fall under.
I don't know where you are in Pennsylvania, but I was a Trustee on the Western Pa and Employers Fund and Central States was nowhere in Pa. There are a dozen or more pension funds in Pa. but none of them are CSPF. The only people working in Pa. and in CSPF are those who transferred in.

I don't know where you are in Pennsylvania, but I was a Trustee on the Western Pa and Employers Fund and Central States was nowhere in Pa. There are a dozen or more pension funds in Pa. but none of them are CSPF. The only people working in Pa. and in CSPF are those who transferred in.
I was curious about that myself Blade. Hopefully Gideon will respond back with his location. Not saying he is or isn’t in Central States, I just didn’t know Central States covered any part of PA.

I was curious about that myself Blade. Hopefully Gideon will respond back with his location. Not saying he is or isn’t in Central States, I just didn’t know Central States covered any part of PA.
It's been 2 decades since I was there and there were many individual locals with pension funds. I can't imagine any of those small funds merging with Central States.
BTW: Check out the notice I posted on the CSPF thread. Western Pa. had their application approved last month. Because benefits had been cut, they were at the top of the list. CSPF should not be far behind.

It sounds like he may just be referring to their Health Insurance. I have a buddy with T-Force in Carlisle and he says that they have Teamcare. He also says they need 3 punches a week to maintain their insurance, doesn’t work quarter to quarter, so who knows.

Your more then likely in Central Pennsylvania pension fund definitely not Central states….

Last edited:
I’m new to all this. Can someone explain the negatives of being in the central states.
They (Central States) are currently severely under funded, but the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021(which included the Butch Lewis Emergency Pension Plan Protection Relief Act), was signed into law on March 11, 2021. This law should help shore up under funded pension funds (including Central States) for the next 30 years. So, hopefully there will be no more “negatives” with the Central States Pension Fund or any other under funded pension plans in the future. HOPEFULLY!!!

It sounds like he may just be referring to their Health Insurance. I have a buddy with T-Force in Carlisle and he says that they have Teamcare. He also says they need 3 punches a week to maintain their insurance, doesn’t work quarter to quarter, so who knows.
Not true our t force contract says and I know from experience we need 1 punch a week or 1 day to burn like vacation or sick days to maintain your healthcare for that week