SAIA | fmcsa h.o.s.

low-budget

TB Lurker
Credits
new rules by fmcsa requires 34 hour restart to include 2 periods that include 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. that being said....would it be correct in saying that a p.m. linehaul driver can no longer work the weekends?i.e. home on sat. at 10am then sunday morning 1am to 5am, mon morning 1am to 5am? do i have this correct? my thinking is that this would make working weekends no longer possible.

You are correct in your thinking. That doesn't effect me b/c I dont have the hours to work the weekend, but I know it affects alot of drivers. I just caanot bring myself to work the weekends anymore.

Both. 5 hours on the dock, and up to 3 hours of waiting. Some nights I get in and out, others I leave with just enough time to get back to my home terminal.

Just remember , many parts of these new regs need to go to court before they become LAW ! This may change three more times yet !

Word is none of the trucking interest groups are happy, ie: ATA, OOIDA, and Teamsters, nor are the safety groups who are wanting to change "tese unsafe trucks."

OH, you guys crack me up, they don't have to go to court, they are regulations just like cell phone, this way they work around it, have been doing tjhat for over thirty years.

OH, you guys crack me up, they don't have to go to court, they are regulations just like cell phone, this way they work around it, have been doing tjhat for over thirty years.

You are wrong. The HOS has been fought about in court for years. These HOS were released as a compromise to please everyone enough, but it pleased none. They will go into effect on the specified dates, but could later change depending on courts. That is assuming of course that one of the special interest groups comes up with a valid reason to challenge the hours.

There are many powerful organizations that will try to push their agendas . A change in the Presidency could also really have a tremendous effect on the FINAL rules as they
will finally shake out ! AND THERE WILL BE A COURT BATTLE ! ! Too much money involved ! !