Yellow | Fmla

johnboy442

TB Lurker
Credits
Co-worker was told by his doctor not to go on FMLA because it will follow you on a background check for a potential employer. Anyone know if this is true

Co-worker was told by his doctor not to go on FMLA because it will follow you on a background check for a potential employer. Anyone know if this is true

In this day and age with virtually everything you do being recorded and stored somewhere on some database it would not surprise me in the least if this were true. Just like workers comp, you're not supposed to be penalized if you had filed at one time - sure, wink, wink!

I Quit YRC in october and got another the next week. I had FMLA for about three years. It had no effect on getting hired. It was never brought up. I was a mechanic not a driver but had CDLA and medical card. Hope that helps some. If you need FMLA get it.

Another tactic for the Powers that be use FEAR in order to influence working class people to NOT use benefits to protect their rights andwell being. No differrence than insurance that U are rquired to have but afraid to use because of the penalty of increased premiums or cancellation due to claims........I say exercise your benefits as long as they are legit. !!! Abuse of these benefits such as FMLA and fraudulent claims forces companies to have more extensive background checks.

There are a couple trains of thought on this depends on if you are looking at small business or larger businesses for smaller businesses where the owner is hiring you ..............All you have to do is think..........if I was looking to hire someone who would I choose.Applicant A who takes FMLA and will cost me money to replace him/her when are not doing the job I hired them to do or Applicant B who comes in everyday and does the job I pay him for.........................
If the money is coming out of your pocket the answer will be crystal clear.

Everything you have in your past is available on background checks, including work comp. It all depends on what the hirong company wants to pay for.

Everything you have in your past is available on background checks, including work comp. It all depends on what the hirong company wants to pay for.

People with legitimate workers comp issues also get penalized because they're lumped in with all the bogus comp claim folks who are a real problem and not just in trucking.