Follow That Flatbed!

ganis

TB Lurker
Credits
I hope that our Owner's new venture into a Flatbed Division for Eastern Freightways pays-off handsomely. I think they have started 0ff very slowly, but I heard that the tractors they intend to use need to be modified first. They need to make a 12"6" clearance, so they have to remove the top air fairings first and cut the exhaust stacks down. I also heard that L.J. Kennedy was going out of business and we were buying some of the equipment. If anyone has any new info about this thread, please let us in on it. :coffee1:

Maybe if you guys didn't get on here and scream at everyone for posting you would get some replies?? Maybe??

L.J Kennedy closed one of their terminals in Stony Point N.Y.. US Gypsum, their major contract,closed their factory and moved the work to a newer modern factory As far as I know Kennedy is working out of the new location... Still see an awful lot of them on the road..

Thanks for that. I have be seeing some of their trucks on the highway since I started this thread, so I think I need to talk to one of their drivers (rather than one from Eastern) for better information.

Stony Point is still a terminal and at the rate that Mitch spends money, you guys will be in the same mess as us .

Stony Point is still a terminal and at the rate that Mitch spends money, you guys will be in the same mess as us .

Thanks for the correction I was told by a former up high on the list driver that is was closing glad to hear it is still open...I would bet that in a few years though,that whole area will be nothing but condo's...

havent heard whats going on but if we are in such bad shape where did the money come from to buy flatbeds oh i know its our raises and freezes