Yellow | Follow the work rules ?

Nice , I never got one and asked at least 15 times for one ! But now problem is will anybody in the Union enforce merger rules & barns least than 25 miles apart or they just going let the Shiny Wheel truckers move the freight ??
They will keep those terminals open for maybe one year then they will close them latter after the dust settles down like they did with yellow and roadway

The problem with this mess they have created is some terminals are being combined and others just have work moving from one terminal to others so you should have different rules applying to members.

master freight page 29 addresses combining terminals and cleary says people get dovetailed.

moving work is different, And should be as simple as
if the company is putting on paper that work is going from one terminal to the other you have the right to follow the work regardless of some engineer calling your terminal a gain or a loss.
The contract is the contract. The members and/or the locals can’t create new language that benefits certain members.

FAAE76E9-AC2D-4EF3-9D18-403CEAF91E02.md.jpg

Trailer size makes a big difference.
My old route in Pa. was Downingtown to Morgantown down to Parkesburg Pa. and all in between. The Amtrak line ran parallel to Rt. 30 and there were only about 3 places you could get a 13'6" under the tunnels a 12'6' could make it through most.
The worst was Parkesburg, all 102's were restricted through town and A D Pyle was on the far side of town. I had a 96" for a few years and then they ran out of them. Just having that trailer alone cost me 50 minutes a day going down to Gap and then back down Rt 41 to ADP.
My point being NP could make most of the Amtrak tunnels and easily get through P-burg.
They proved a Union Company can be smart and successful.
Here's Conway within the last 2 weeks...I mean XPO.
His terminal is less than a quarter mile on the other side of that bridge.
I saw him at a light. Delivered. And came by an hour later...He was still there. Nobody had the courtesy nor brains to let him back up.
We couldn't even get under that bridge. Yellow had us 13'4 now with the truck. So 12'6" trailer doesn't even matter. You have to remember you got taller though at some bridges.
We used to figure we could use most roads with most trailers with a double yellow line in the middle. But the state has made a lot of them illegal for 102's. They are posted everywhere now. 45's and 96's can take alot of them though.

IMG_20221019_1400341022.md.jpg

Last edited:
Here's Conway within the last 2 weeks...I mean XPO.
His terminal is less than a quarter mile on the other side of that bridge.
I saw him at a light. Delivered. And came by an hour later...He was still there. Nobody had the courtesy nor brains to let him back up.
We couldn't even get under that bridge. Yellow had us 13'4 now with the truck. So 12'6" trailer doesn't even matter. You have to remember you got taller though at some bridges.
We used to figure we could use most roads with most trailers with a double yellow line in the middle. But the state has made a lot of them illegal for 102's. They are posted everywhere now. 45's and 96's can take alot of them though.

IMG_20221019_1400341022.md.jpg
That grass seems well cared for.

Yes New Penn was Regional. And yes they could charge more

But when I see those numbers knowing all these carriers were stacking all them extra feet of doubles and triples and Rocky mountain doubles and 53's.....and they were 102 wide to fit all of those extra skids.

There is no way in Hell that you can tell me that every driver in this country has not been totally ripped off on pay and comp since they brought them big trailers and rigs in everywhere.
Totally being scammed and ripped off for decades.
All that extra freight for not near the pay they should've been and should be getting.
Right there is an exposure of one of the biggest heists on an entire industry that has ever happened.
Amazing how we just accept things all the time....like it's normal.

12'6
96 wide
45' long
No stacking.

That's what made that money.

Yes New Penn was Regional. And yes they could charge more

But when I see those numbers knowing all these carriers were stacking all them extra feet of doubles and triples and Rocky mountain doubles and 53's.....and they were 102 wide to fit all of those extra skids.

There is no way in Hell that you can tell me that every driver in this country has been totally ripped off on pay and comp since they brought them big trailers and rigs in everywhere.
Totally being scammed and ripped off for decades.
All that extra freight for not near the pay they should've been and should be getting.
Right there is an exposure of one of the biggest heists on an entire industry that has ever happened.
Amazing how we just accept things all the time....like it's normal.
We've accepted it and our blood pressures are normal and our vehicles start first time every time. You haven't accepted it, your blood pressure is elevated and your car won't start regularly. So who's better off? :idunno:

Last edited:
If I get to this point I'm going to move on and find a lot less stressful job.

This place is not worth all the stress that you are putting on yourself..... you can voice your opinions to the hall and on social media..... but don't let it become a obsession.

In my opinion.

We've accepted it and our blood pressures are normal and our vehicles start first time every time. You haven't accepted it, your blood pressure is elevated and your car won't start regularly. So who's better off? :idunno:
I'd be much better off if dumbasses didnt accept half the payrate they should have been getting all along with them big trailers and dollies. I'd have a new car and pickup and van and Harley by now.

Last edited:
If I get to this point I'm going to move on and find a lot less stressful job.

This place is not worth all the stress that you are putting on yourself..... you can voice your opinions to the hall and on social media..... but don't let it become a obsession.

In my opinion.
I'm gonna let you guys go awhile and let others talk without my input. I've surely said more than my piece. But a change of ops should not have a right to make us guys haul twice as much freight for the same pay. Even though I'm city, I don't want the door open for us to have to even pull 2 empty trailers. One is enough. And we may never pull them. Plenty will pull them with no opposition. But I think it should be a choice not a mandate and they can wait till we retire.
You guys did that. We did not. It wasn't our world.
That should require a vote. That's pretty much a concession without a vote.
UE vs road isn't my issue. Maybe you feel the same.
I'm sure the Locals will weigh as to wether they gain or lose positions and how many. That will be their focus most probably.
I'm gonna chill for a few days. So more can voice opinions.
I have told my BA that we should have a grandfather clause. Anybody hired before the change is approved.