Food Selfies

yze8e5es.jpg

A little place called Farmerboys in San Bernardino. Waiting for L.A. morning rush gour traffic to die down.

Fresh fried croaker .... Probably not the most healthy way to eat fish but they sure were good
re7u5ugu.jpg

we only live twice...i say clog up them thar arteries now while we can, worry about the heart attacks, the stents, the by-passes much, much later....

This one was actually inspired by Grocery Thrower. He said that his wife made brownies with peanut butter icing, so I decided that I would try that recipe my self. It was sure yummy.

i don't believe i even heard of peanut butter "icing".....i'll try this someday as well...

GT married a good gal, to keep him well fed......

i just want a good gal willing to shave my back hair...!!

we only live twice...i say clog up them thar arteries now while we can, worry about the heart attacks, the stents, the by-passes much, much later....

i don't believe i even heard of peanut butter "icing".....i'll try this someday as well...

GT married a good gal, to keep him well fed......

i just want a good gal willing to shave my back hair...!!

Hey you work up an appetite throwing groceries all day long, I can kind of attest!

Hey you work up an appetite throwing groceries all day long, I can kind of attest!

hey, i can work up an appetite from getting aggravated by all the dumb-asses out there.......!!!

and when i was younger..??

i worked up an appetite just by working up an appetite.....!!

Out with the old, in with the new! I replaced my 14 year old Brinkmann smoker/grill with a brand new smoker/grill by Oklahoma Joe's. This one is a little more solid with heavy gauge steel with the lids inset to help keep the smoke in longer. Expect pictures of ribs, pork loins, brisket, pork shoulder, and steaks to be on the way in the coming weeks.

By the way, when I was looking at this grill online it was $499 or more everywhere I looked, which made me hold off on getting it. I found one place where it was $429 but shipping costs were going to kill me. Then I found it at Walmart for $268. I didn't pull the trigger on it that time and was kicking myself for missing out on it. I've kept an eye on area Walmart's and finally found one at the Macomb Walmart. I took off and grabbed it immediately. If you're looking for a good smoker/grill without putting out a ton of money, this will do the trick. It's the Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn Offset Smoker Model #12201747.

Broke in the new grill with a pork loin smoked for eight hours with apple wood.

After a point, I don't understand how people can pay so much for food knowing full well what it will eventually turn into.

well i can only speak for myself...
when it comes to food, i simply can be saying that i am plain and simple.

i will however buy a veal loin roast or maybe some spare ribs, but this is all of maybe once a year, and i cook them at home. to spend copious amounts of monies at "fine dinning establishments", unless it plainly say's, "home style cooking", or "family style cooking", i stay away from the 'boutique's" of "fine dinning establishments".....

never will i spend a month's mortgage payment, to watch some meal or dessert "go up in flames at the table", when i can plainly set fire to my own meal, and maybe perhaps burn down my house as well....!!!

this is what some will call "dinner theatre".....

i call it, a cheap date......

Out with the old, in with the new! I replaced my 14 year old Brinkmann smoker/grill with a brand new smoker/grill by Oklahoma Joe's. This one is a little more solid with heavy gauge steel with the lids inset to help keep the smoke in longer. Expect pictures of ribs, pork loins, brisket, pork shoulder, and steaks to be on the way in the coming weeks.

By the way, when I was looking at this grill online it was $499 or more everywhere I looked, which made me hold off on getting it. I found one place where it was $429 but shipping costs were going to kill me. Then I found it at Walmart for $268. I didn't pull the trigger on it that time and was kicking myself for missing out on it. I've kept an eye on area Walmart's and finally found one at the Macomb Walmart. I took off and grabbed it immediately. If you're looking for a good smoker/grill without putting out a ton of money, this will do the trick. It's the Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn Offset Smoker Model #12201747.

That is very cool Medic. I have one of the Brinkman smokers that look like R2D2. It works great, but I've often lusted at one more like you have here.

And every time I see the prices I stop and say, "Hey! There can't be more than $50 in material there. I have a welder and all the fabricating tools I need to build one."

So I'm thinking that this fall when things slow down some I am gonna do just that. Go buy the material and get busy making one.

Yeah I might go ahead and use a sick day tomorrow.

butupeva.jpg

Sent from my smelly armpit using Tapatalk

I've had all of that. Liked it all too, but the prawn head is not on my list of "gotta have it again" food. Sure was crispy though! The octopus is actually very good, I like it very much.

Oh, and the portions look a bit small.