Food Selfies

Fish tacos. .... lol

You just can't change some habits in some people. ..lol

I know I have a sick mind.

i just "got"...what you were thinking, with your preverted mind.......lol.......

damn "oxy's"..........

I had this for the first time while on vacation

Blackened Mahi "fish" tacos.... It was the best , so good I ate there twice ..
Mama Kwans in Kill Devil Hills, NC

Good food is always worth a second, or even a third go around! Looks real good Flounder.

nWDkPiv.gif

The pizza was diner on Friday night oh it was delicious! Peppers in Lakewood, Ohio
The club sandwich was dinner I made for tonight it was also very very good.

Your pissing me off Mike!!! Making me want to come to Ohio, and leave Oklahomo!

I've never had much desire to go to Oklahomo, one time I was in Kansas and got really close to Oklahomo, and thought uh oh this is close enough and drove north word. Of course I live in a city that was nick named the "mistake on the lake" so... The City I live in also has a river that was so polluted it caught fire.

Yeah here in Cleveland we never make the greatest cities to live in list like Double R does in Pittsburgh.

I've never had much desire to go to Oklahomo, one time I was in Kansas and got really close to Oklahomo, and thought uh oh this is close enough and drove north word. Of course I live in a city that was nick named the "mistake on the lake" so... The City I live in also has a river that was so polluted it caught fire.

Yeah here in Cleveland we never make the greatest cities to live in list like Double R does in Pittsburgh.

LOL, the food looks good though!

The City I live in also has a river that was so polluted it caught fire.

Yep, the Cuyahoga River. Actually it has had numerous fires that resulted from pollution. The first was in 1868 (no that is not a typo, eighteen hundred sixty eight), the worst was in 1952, causing over $1,000,000 in damage.

The one that eventually caused people to wake up and decide to clean it up, on June 22, 1969 wasn't really as bad as the one in 1952, only causing about $50,000 in damage, mostly to a bridge. The fire was actually out by the time anyone from the media showed up.

Time magazine described the Cuyahoga as the river that "oozes rather than flows" and in which a person "does not drown but decays".

It was the Time article that got the ball rolling to get the Cuyahoga cleaned up, but even today the river suffers from pollution.

But at least now it does flow rather than ooze.

Yep, the Cuyahoga River. Actually it has had numerous fires that resulted from pollution. The first was in 1868 (no that is not a typo, eighteen hundred sixty eight), the worst was in 1952, causing over $1,000,000 in damage.

The one that eventually caused people to wake up and decide to clean it up, on June 22, 1969 wasn't really as bad as the one in 1952, only causing about $50,000 in damage, mostly to a bridge. The fire was actually out by the time anyone from the media showed up.

Time magazine described the Cuyahoga as the river that "oozes rather than flows" and in which a person "does not drown but decays".

It was the Time article that got the ball rolling to get the Cuyahoga cleaned up, but even today the river suffers from pollution.

But at least now it does flow rather than ooze.

Great Lakes Brewing Company here in Cleveland has a beer called Burning River. I cross the Cuyahoga River every Friday in my beer truck, I have two customers on the east bank of the flats that I deliver to. My dads friend had some jet skies and 11-12 years ago we used to ride the jet skies down the Cuyahoga river on Friday night back when the Cleveland Flats was the hangout, before people started getting robbed and mugged and 6th graders from the Cleveland Municipal Public Schools would go to rap music clubs one in particular was named Club Chaos (gone now) and one Thursday morning there was a gang related shooting there with a bunch of minors involved and people were asking why a bunch of 6th graders were out at 2:00am on Thursday morning at a rap music club when they had school the next day. I still see dead fish floating in the Cuyahoga River, but it hasn't caught fire in some time, so I guess were making progress.

LOL, the food looks good though!

We have a lot of good food here in Ohio were no Chicago (I've been to Chicago a couple of times and that was enough, way to crowded for me there.), I know towns like Chicago and New York City are known for there food and Kansas City and St. Louis are also known for there food as well, but we've got a lot here. I really don't know what Oklahoma is known for, besides oil fields. I've mention this before LOL Sysco Foods here in Cleveland is looking for qualified individuals to deliver groceries or the beer company I work for I'll get a $400 bonus if I refer someone and they stay for 9 months!

You know what I once got a recipe from a woman who lives in Ponca City, Oklahoma it's a pie and it's really good, I'll make it and put it up on here. When I was a senior in high school way back in 2007 I entered this pie in the high school wide baking competition and just barely got beat out for first place, I was a little sour about that. I'll post a picture of it.

mike, the "advantage" of the big cities, and IF one is a city dweller, nearly every street has eateries. ethnic foods, for instance in the "ethnic neighborhoods",and many times, there is a wonderful mix of ethnic eateries to choose from, in one or two city blocks..~~!!!!~~

in NYC, you cannot walk out of your neighborhood without passing by rows of food places. many times, people live above an eatery.

when you get out to the other states and thier "big cities" it just isn't the same..

oh there ARE eateries and the food is good to great for sure.

but here in our larger cities we want for no food, as we have not far to walk.....!!!

(or call the delivery guy...........!!!!!!!!)

when i did some time in the Medway, Oh area, i frequented a place called "Duffy's"..????? it was an all you can eat buffet...?????

of course i dined at some other Ohioian eateries, just cannot remember them all.

Medway that's between Springfield and Dayton. Springfield, Ohio is a big trucking town, Werner and US Xpress both have terminals there and Gordon Food Service has a massive warehouse there, that I swear services like all of Ohio, Indiana and who knows where else.
I looked up Duffys I don't think it's there anymore. Miller Coors has a big beer brewing facility in Trenton, Ohio not far from Medway. Also Anheiser Busch has one of there major beer brewing facilities in Columbus, Ohio.

Cleveland would defiantly not be the same as Chicago , Boston or New York City. We do have a lot of ethnic places as well, however like I service a lot of the fancy 5 star white table cloth restaurants that only have one word as there name like Table or a word and a number like Table 10 or something like that.

Medway that's between Springfield and Dayton. Springfield, Ohio is a big trucking town, Werner and US Xpress both have terminals there and Gordon Food Service has a massive warehouse there, that I swear services like all of Ohio, Indiana and who knows where else.
I looked up Duffys I don't think it's there anymore. Miller Coors has a big beer brewing facility in Trenton, Ohio not far from Medway. Also Anheiser Busch has one of there major beer brewing facilities in Columbus, Ohio.

Cleveland would defiantly not be the same as Chicago , Boston or New York City. We do have a lot of ethnic places as well, however like I service a lot of the fancy 5 star white table cloth restaurants that only have one word as there name like Table or a word and a number like Table 10 or something like that.

right...US Express bought out Victory Express that was located by the highway, and they had a tall sign that you could see that lit up with birthday wishes, or congrats to drivers that had safety awards.( i worked at Victory in 1992 doing the dedicated "just in time" freight for the GM account)

just behind the Victory Express terminal, was (or still is) a farm, that was supposed to be a drag racing strip, but this was back in 1992 when i was a driver there (at Victory).

from what i had been told, US Express sold(??) that location, and moved a bit further down the road from there.

COMPANY NEWS - U.S. XPRESS ENTERPRISES IN DEAL TO BUY VICTORY EXPRESS - NYTimes.com

many times, when i needed to cash my comcheck, i'd go down the road to a convenience store, which was in Huber Heights..??

where every house is a brick house...????