FedEx Freight | ? for indy drivers

Mr.breeze

TB Lurker
Credits
I will be relocateing to indy and need to know some in's and out's. like how early from depart time will they allow you to leave.which trucks are the cleanest,most comfortable to drive,do they slipseat,can you leave radio equipment in truck,can you hold logs until end of week,do they have a coffee pot,you get the idea.thanks for any info.as hard as this is on me and my family were embrassing this change.:clapping:

Yes we slip seat. Doesn't matter if the truck is clean or comfortable that's the trick you'll drive per central. Coffee machine is alway on. As of right now you can leave you radio in and stuff in. Trucks are going to be assigned to the run and not the driver. Almost all the road drivers keep their trucks clean but there are a few who could keep the cleaner in my belief.

Also if you have any questions on where the best places to live are just pm me and I'll help you out also I know a good relator.

thanks hillbilly,just wondering about something i heard.i've been told that if a run is leaving the same time yours is you can as a senior driver choose to take that run if you like. for instance if i have a littlerock and i want to run something shorter on a friday i can opt.to take the shorter run to get home to my family back in cincy for the weekend earlier.is that true?also i suppose that the longer the run the newer the truck. at this time i don't need a realtor we are not relocateing until latter next year. might need a leed on an apartment

If you bid s run it's yours. Sometimes you may be able to switch if the other driver agrees. Newest truck on longest run. I'll pm you with some good apartments.

we have investicated schools for my 10 year old and have fouhd out that in morgan county(were we will end up)the best school is centerton is that correct as far as you know.we are also interested in building again and are looking at a piece of property on middle patton rd. what can you tell me about that area.as i said prior i am going to be there while my faimly is staying in cincy until summer possible the next i will not take my son out of school mid-year if i can help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand going to a new place is is a challenge and knowing what to expect makes it much easier to take. I don't know if you will be able to understand this, but with so many people that are not going to have a job after this worrying about coffee,clean comfortable trucks,or bumping lower guys to get home early on Friday is kinda hard to take. I understand you having to be away from your family is going to be hard but I guess being unemployed I will be able to spend more time with mine. Good luck to you, but maybe just be a little mindful.

I understand going to a new place is is a challenge and knowing what to expect makes it much easier to take. I don't know if you will be able to understand this, but with so many people that are not going to have a job after this worrying about coffee,clean comfortable trucks,or bumping lower guys to get home early on Friday is kinda hard to take. I understand you having to be away from your family is going to be hard but I guess being unemployed I will be able to spend more time with mine. Good luck to you, but maybe just be a little mindful.

I thought I was the only one thinking what you just said.I totally agree with you.Sorry to say that I work at the same place he does. Thank god not for long.

the fedex national drivers are going to bump you fedex guy"s right out of your truck and your run"s.
i hope the national guy"s get everything they need. oh i almost forgot your vacation bid to. hope
that the bump put"s alot of you cry babies back to working the dock or running one of them 90
mile shuttle run"s....

the fedex national drivers are going to bump you fedex guy"s right out of your truck and your run"s.
i hope the national guy"s get everything they need. oh i almost forgot your vacation bid to. hope
that the bump put"s alot of you cry babies back to working the dock or running one of them 90
mile shuttle run"s....

Most Freight drivers have way more seniority than any National driver and if by chance the National driver has more seniority they will be dovetailed in as it should be. All National drivers have a Hire date of approx. 09/07/06 if there were a Contract driver for Watkins.
So if your a Freight guy with more Job Class seniority as a Road Driver/City Driver than that you are fine where you are and all the National guys are not going to take your truck and bump you off your run.

I am a National driver, and I can tell you, most if not all National drivers are being bumped off there runs and trucks because the Freight drivers have more seniority. At least here on the West Coast at my Terminal and the surrounding terminals in So Cal.

I am not sure where you are from backstrap, but I hear it is allot different on the East Coast, allot of former Watkins company drivers back there that were hired by FXNL with their seniority when FedEx bought out Watkins in 2006, or so I hear.

NOW, if they were a WATKINS COMPANY driver, not a contractor driver, they maybe, yes they would have the senority to bump off a Freight driver. Thats the correct way to do it, it is only fair in the end that all employees get to keep their senority, what else do we have?:duh:

I don't know what to say except I'm not your daddy and can't worry about you or other goy's at this point.hilbilly is nice enough to give me info and i thank him for his effort,when i get to know him he and others i work with(if i like you)will become my concern,i will continue to ask question.so grow up son!

At first I was mad and all pissed about the merger. But have accepted there is nothing that I can do to change things. So I might as well make the best of it. I refuse to be disgruntled for very long. I know others arent happy about this but you have a few choices. You can quit or you can get along and maybe make a few new friends out of this. Like Mr. Breeze said GROW UP its time to. All we can do is make the best of the situation that weve been handed.

That's what I thought you would not get it but that's why things go on like they do. You guys keep your good attitude that is what keeps morale up.While your at it be sure to let everybody know how much money your going to make in front of the guys you work with that will be laid off.[By the way I have a job not worried.] I happen to work in a barn where the people I work with are very nice, friendly, helpful and wouldn't act like this that's all I'm saying. I'm sorry I said anything as you can see I post alot so I guess I'll grow up sit back and keep my mouth shut. Maybe with any luck we will get some good attitudes like this to transfer to our barn so we will have more diversity here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which trucks are the cleanest and most comfortable to drive? I guess you are going to move right in and pick and choose your tractor. Oh, I guess you will have choice of runs too? I want to go to a terminal like that. That would rule.
I will be relocateing to indy and need to know some in's and out's. like how early from depart time will they allow you to leave.which trucks are the cleanest,most comfortable to drive,do they slipseat,can you leave radio equipment in truck,can you hold logs until end of week,do they have a coffee pot,you get the idea.thanks for any info.as hard as this is on me and my family were embrassing this change.:clapping:

My determining factor was being able to dovetail in and get a bid run. Anything else is gravy.

I'd like to know if the boss was a jerk. That's my number one question. Coffee I have at home, cushion I own for my seat, get the picture a truck is a truck.

I thought truckingboards was a place to go to ask simple questions and get simple answers, without it turning into a p*ss*ng match. If not for the merger, I am sure Mr. Breeze would have received a ton of useful information. It is a shame that FXF mgt did not assign "sponsors" at centers that were getting people transferred in, that would be available to answer any and all questions concerning their new center.

I get the feeling that Fedex thinks we can work for Nat'l one day and the next go to work at freight and know what to do. Yes we know how to drive the truck but the job is different. And it is the little things that help you not feel like such an outsider. Like where is the ladies bathroom? Freight has some different polices well can we see a handbook. No just wait till we do it wrong and write us up. Crap I still hate this merger. Not the drivers.

captian kirk said it all i've been driving a truck now for thirty years streight not alittle here a little there but 30 years with problably close to 3mil.miles my comments are'nt concerns about trucks as it is making a commoratery with soon to be fellow drivers,i'm going up there already behind the eight ball having 20 years at watkins.if it was up to me i would have left things alone and stayed with watkins until i whent to the porch.sorry ntw10,maddawg you did'nt start that many years ago.as a matter of fact i applied to af 3 years after i started at watkins and was to be the 2nd driver hired but decided to stay put,i guess all i can say is it payed off to keep employed wiyh one company for so long.