FedEx Freight | ? for indy drivers

I'm starting to see why our country is in the gutter. Can't agree to anything.All these answers and none of them really answer the original question. THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS is there a set speed limit on your log book before you are written up? It is 62 mph hour at National. We don't care what your trip sheet says. Ours say the same thing. Here the example again that will get you wrote up. I run a 235 mile run each way, which only takes 3hrs and 45 min to run. If you log it that way,you are over the 62mph log book rule. It comes out to 62.3mph so you have to log it 4hrs to stay under the 62 mph. So you have to waste another 15min at the end of the trip to catch your log. Then sit another 15min before you start so your not back to soon for your log not trip sheet. Then another 30 min for mandatory lunch and 15min pretrip.So that totals to 1 hr and 15min down time everyday for those who cant add . Now we do away with the rule I can log it at 62.3 mph. So you see the .3 mph gets us written up at National and cost us alot of extra down time. So if Freight we can log that same run at 3hrs and 45 min at a 62.3mph and no write up everything is fine thats what Breeze and I are both asking. So put you trip sheet theory aside for this. This is strictly a log book Question. No one is trying to get over on something or run hot. Just don't like the extra ass time that is unnecessary for .3mph.

To put it real simple, don't log over 60 mph and i guarantee you will not be written up for speeding. I don't care which company you work for, if you log over 62 mph, if the d.o.t. Doesn't nail you, the company will? It's impossible to even log 60 mph average on any run, with slowing down for towns or the speed limit drops for any reason

if you really need to know, call harrison and ask them?

Who gives a:::shit::: what speed will get you wrote up, just do what the (sorry to bring this up again)trip sheet says and there won't be a problem,im done with this!!!:regretful:

Have a great day and good luck with your logging???

Dawg if you can't answer the question with what is Frieght policy(if there is a policy) and only your opinion then quit trying to answer it. It is a Written rule that extended from Watkins Not Fedex. But we didn't have to take the mandatory lunch at Watkins so we could live with it. So I guess if your trip sheet say it takes 6hrs to run 235 mile you would take 6hr and not complain.

Dawg if you can't answer the question with what is Frieght policy and only your opinion then quit trying to answer it.

Like I said Im done with this. I will tell you I have been here over over 17 years and didn't know they had a speed policy on logging. It has never been an issue.

Have a great day:1036316054:

Dawg you never answered a earlier question are you a National driver or Freight? Because if your Freight and there probably isn't a Policy then. Thats all we are asking if your a National driver then you would or should have known of the policy. And I also have been here 18yrs.If its not a issue but I will find out Sunday at the open house I guess.

Why are you guys arguing over something that is federal not company law. YOU LOG THE WAY YOU RUN IT. I log the way I run it. If I end up at 64 mph and the company will write me up then in the comments I put that I refuse to falsify my logs. That's what you are doing by loging that 60 mph crap.
After a DOT audit and all these write ups come up trust me you want these DUMB write ups. Then the DOT will look at the guys that don't have any and ask WHY ? Do you want to break federal law or company ? I choose company.

Dawg you never answered a earlier question are you a National driver or Freight? Because if your Freight and there probably isn't a Policy then. Thats all we are asking if your a National driver then you would or should have known of the policy. And I also have been here 18yrs.If its not a issue but I will find out Sunday at the open house I guess.

I am with freight. I know guys have had there hand slapped for leaving before there show time and coming through the gate before there time they give you to run that leg of the run, if they give you 3 hours to run back to the center, and you run it in 2.75 hours, sometimes they catch it, sometimes they don't.

It's been answered. There is no set speed limit on our log books.
OK,now if there is know set speed limit,except fed limits,and gate time is no issue(I take it)I will be ok being 30 mins. early to the gate coming back.(OR NOT) It,s the gate clock that is the real problem.we use kiosh to log out on the computer,not gate clock.we can waste 20 mins.getting back in the truck,putting on seat belt and getting signed out by the guard.coming back in the gate we can drop,park,fuel sometimes and walk in before we log back out on the computer(arrive) all this total can waste 40 mins. that we have to log on are books.we are doing something not sitting on the side of the road.conclusion this gate trigger time system sounds like its gonna ----,

OK,now if there is know set speed limit,except fed limits,and gate time is no issue(I take it)I will be ok being 30 mins. early to the gate coming back.(OR NOT) It,s the gate clock that is the real problem.we use kiosh to log out on the computer,not gate clock.we can waste 20 mins.getting back in the truck,putting on seat belt and getting signed out by the guard.coming back in the gate we can drop,park,fuel sometimes and walk in before we log back out on the computer(arrive) all this total can waste 40 mins. that we have to log on are books.we are doing something not sitting on the side of the road.conclusion this gate trigger time system sounds like its gonna ----,

Gate time is the whole issue!!!!!. You cant pull through the gate early leaving or returning from your trip!!!!! When you pull through the gate, all 4 pieces of equipment you have are automatically logged into the computer. They will tell you what your gate time is for your run, your showtime is 30 min before your gate time. They allow you 30 min before your gate time to get hooked up and out the gate on time. you can show up as early as you want and start hooking, they only pay you 30 min for a hook. The earliest you can leave is your show time.

rodedawg said:
Gate time is the whole issue!!!!!. You cant pull through the gate early leaving or returning from your trip!!!!! When you pull through the gate, all 4 pieces of equipment you have are automatically logged into the computer. They will tell you what your gate time is for your run, your showtime is 30 min before your gate time. They allow you 30 min before your gate time to get hooked up and out the gate on time. you can show up as early as you want and start hooking, they only pay you 30 min for a hook. The earliest you can leave is your show time.

They only give you 30 minutes to hook a set of doubles?

rodedawg said:
They only (pay) you 30 min to hook a set of doubles. You can come in as early as you want and start hooking. It doesn't take that long to hook a set.

Ah. They give us 30 minutes at express to hook a single. 5 for stretching and 25 for pretrip. I believe if you run doubles they give you 45 minutes

Ah. They give us 30 minutes at express to hook a single. 5 for stretching and 25 for pretrip. I believe if you run doubles they give you 45 minutes

5 for stretching? you guys probably need to though. I remember back in my younger days seeing how you guys and UPS would run when they got to a stop, and thought, my lard a$$ wouldn't make it like that through half the day, let alone a whole day:LMAO:. They have always told us, a brisk walk.

5 for stretching? you guys probably need to though. I remember back in my younger days seeing how you guys and UPS would run when they got to a stop, and thought, my lard a$$ wouldn't make it like that through half the day, let alone a whole day:LMAO:. They have always told us, a brisk walk.

Don't forget your winter penguin walk. Squeeze your cheeks together and walk like Chilly Willy.

Yeah, they push it more on the handlers and couriers than they do us it seems.

Does anyone know if Indy will be hiring road drivers after the merger?
I'm going to be transfering up there myself from cincy,I'm not sure but I would think they will be hireing at most hubs as soon as the dust settles.The economy is takeing off and all of fedex will be taking off.so get your app.in and keep on top of it,talk to hr.for that region( susan miller) out of the cincy(fairfeild)office.she will be at cincy natl. until january 28th. 800-666-0956 ask operater for susan miller