R&L | for management

imported_wideglide

TB Lurker
Credits
There is alot of problems here these days.everyday we get out for del later and later instead of leavin at 8 we leave at 9 or 10 if we are lucky.same amount of bills as before not enough time to get it all done.because we are told line hauls are getting back late.us drivers get yelled at if we cant get stuff off and cant make pickups.(where is managments big brother these days)we aslo have the fax mach that tells everything(which is a good thing)but when guys are getting wrote up for takin 10 min longer then normal to get in at night.there is a prob there.seems more and more is getting put on the drivers we need more pencil pushers to big brother there selfs before they destroy our great company.i am sorry i love this company but it is getting very old. :rant:

My TM told me the other day that he has a dilemma.His two highest idling driver are also his two highest performing drivers(myself being one of them which is why he was telling me this).We are told by the mechanic end of the company that the trucks must idle a minimum of 3 minutes between running and we are told not to idle too long but to shut off the trucks between stops.I came right out and told my TM that If I idle my truck at each stop 3 minutes before I get out of the truck and then shut down the truck that the average of 20 stops a day is a lost productivity of an hour a day waiting for the truck to idle down.Now if I don't Idle it down then we all know what happens to these Mack's,they go through turbos.So he said hes left warning me for what he knows I cant control.I told him I idle the truck the 5 mins that the computer gives us.If I'm done b4 the 5 mins then I move on to the next stop,if not the truck shuts down.I said,so what do you want from me?He said,Nothing.He said,I need to tell you because thats the rules but I don't want you to change anything.Talk about being completely confusing. :rant: :nono:

Does this moronic nonsense ever end, really? This is not rocket science, you are moving freight from point a to point b. These candy a$$e$ that are coming up with all these ideas need to spend a day or two with a driver to see what really goes on. I think some of our TM's need to do the same. If you can clean out corp office of all "the dead weight",why can't line haul get their act in gear? WTF??

it not line haul if p&d get in late we get out late .we get pups overweight all the time and with the new rule for driver we have to watch ours butt because that r butt on the LINE with dot not rl.outside CARRIERS really come late all the time nothing being done if it. and the other person on here say do you smell something it not obama IT THE BUSH THAT U SHOULD INPEACH ALONG TIME AGO AND I NO THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN HIS DADDY MESS IT UP TOO.THE ONLY THING THAT IS MESS UP HIS SON DID IT BADER THAN HE DID

[quote author=tagalong37 link=topic=79994.msg828555#msg828555 date=1273478810]
it not line haul if p&d get in late we get out late .we get pups overweight all the time and with the new rule for driver we have to watch ours butt because that r butt on the LINE with dot not rl.outside CARRIERS really come late all the time nothing being done if it. and the other person on here say do you smell something it not obama IT THE BUSH THAT U SHOULD INPEACH ALONG TIME AGO AND I NO THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN HIS DADDY MESS IT UP TOO.THE ONLY THING THAT IS MESS UP HIS SON DID IT BADER THAN HE DID
[/quote]

Some people don't have the ability to become embarassed by their own actions.
They don't realize how poorly these actions reflect not only on themselves, but on the people they associate with also.

This is a great example......

no it not bush fault if you counld read i reply to smokestack comment . all you got to do is read that it as far as getting out late dispatch and dock guy putting to much weight on the trl and have reload every night i see you reply to me not smokestack comment i understand :thumbsup:

i agree that it is managements fault also. ever since they went to a central dispatch and removed the flexability from the terminals, it has gone down hill quick. if i was a terminal manager with ten or twenty years experience, i would be pissed that i can't make informed decisions concerning my outbound every night and have to rely on people with no idea of whats going on.

i run line haul and leave every night 30min to 1 hour late when i get to hub i have to wait there on average 1.5 to 2 hours. it all starts on monday am all city drivers should be leaving no later than 8 am. BUT the higher ups think that you can leave out later . so what to do? i dont no. looking for something else. i guess just deal with it in the meantime.

Start time pushed back everyday,15-19 deliveries,at least 2 missed pick-ups a day,1 or 2 returns a day,and somehow this is all my fault. I can't even take my supervisors seriously anymore, I just sit back now and laugh at it all,because this is every city driver's story. I know it will get better when we lose all this potential new business due to our **** poor customer service,then I will be back down to a more realistic 10 delivery 7 pick-up day,and with the drop in amount of freight coming in, line-hauls will be back on schedule!!

you are right, it always out fault. :stir: Again, if local terminal managers had the ability to manage instead of being baby sitters, I think you would see a big improvement in service and moral. They are the ones having to listen to local customers ask them what the hell is the problem not the doinks in corp. I would think that most of the senior TM's are just as fed up with this sh&t as we are.

Sapper

I agree TM has to be fed up with everything going on. Always pointing out the problems but never working on a solution.We all know about the problems,as we are reminded everyday about them,but R&L is doing nothing to solve them.Number crunching is OK if you are slow and need to cutback,but we aren't slow,and we lose customers everyday because we can't provide the type of service we used to.Simple one day deliveries are turning into 2 day deliveries.Dispatchers answer to missed pick-ups is bringing guys in early to get the pick-ups,and send another guy in later for their regular pick-up. So many things at our terminal are swept under the carpet so Wilmington has no idea what is going on. Most of our returns are hidden by Supervisors getting them deleted from our manifest so we don't call them in and WIL thinks they never were put out for delivery.Supervisors never work together to improve things,they only become friends when there is something to hide,that's the only time they ever work together.Hiding all these problems makes WIL think we have enough drivers and dock workers to do the work,we are seriously shorthanded and need help.5 lease drivers a day are no help,we need permanent drivers and more dockworkers. Our Dock supervisors are on forklifts loading trailers instead of supervising what the part-timers are doing.Been going downhill for years,the only way to go is up,and hopefully we start that uphill climb soon.....

The standard drivers meeting comment from my TM now is that freight levels are flat.Its become something of a joke now because we wait for it every week now.Well last week we were especially busy with Monday being a killer day.Well Tuesday came around and at the meeting we all waited and again freight levels are flat,to which I responded,yeah that flatness kicked my Ass yesterday.Well the whole room broke out in laughter except my TM who looked at me with a "you smart ass"look on his face.Sometimes a word can be used too many times.

[quote author=shadowr434 link=topic=79994.msg830858#msg830858 date=1274184647]
The standard drivers meeting comment from my TM now is that freight levels are flat.Its become something of a joke now because we wait for it every week now.Well last week we were especially busy with Monday being a killer day.Well Tuesday came around and at the meeting we all waited and again freight levels are flat,to which I responded,yeah that flatness kicked my Ass yesterday.Well the whole room broke out in laughter except my TM who looked at me with a "you smart ass"look on his face.Sometimes a word can be used too many times.
[/quote]Thats a pretty funny story shadow, it made me smile...Thanks... :thumbsup:

we hear that bs too at our meetings. our tm, though, is a pretty decent guy who, if you read between the lines, will tell you that his hands are tied. he doesnt like the way things are going any more than we do. i guess we are lucky we have had worse.

Sapper

I wish we had spell check on this forum because sometimes it takes a few minutes to try to understand what the HELL some people are saying, and as for Tagalong it took we 4 trys to read your post I cannot imagine the problems dispatch has trying to understand what you are saying on the radio.