For Sale Personal Items

Anybody got an old rust 72-75 Dodge 4x4 4 speed truck hangin out in the weeds on their property they're looking to get rid of? Looking for a project truck. Don't care how ugly.

Older 'As is' trucks that have "Character" from use are gaining popularity at car shows. I saw an International 3/4 ton this summer with a large windshield decal that read "Real trucks rattle".
This state is mostly rural so anything that relates to our Red Neck heritage is popular. Most of us grew up with old pickups so we feel at home around them. I don't like to see cars or trucks trailered in. They are made to drive. Many tractors at shows are still being used. I talked to a farm girl at a show, she was sitting on an old Moline. She said she grew up on that tractor & wouldn't feel right about 'putting it out to pasture' so she used it as often as possible in spite of having newer cab tractors. Farm girls pull at my heart strings with their country charm.

Last edited:
Older 'As is' trucks that have "Character" from use are gaining popularity at car shows. I saw an International 3/4 ton this summer with a large windshield decal that read "Real trucks rattle".
This state is mostly rural so anything that relates to our Red Neck heritage is popular. Most of us grew up with old pickups so we feel at home around them. I don't like to see cars or trucks trailered in. They are made to drive. Many tractors at shows are still being used. I talked to a farm girl at a show, she was sitting on an old Moline. She said she grew up on that tractor & wouldn't feel right about 'putting it out to pasture' so she used it as often as possible in spite of having newer cab tractors. Farm girls pull at my heart strings with their country charm.

This truck is about what I'm looking for, although I would prefer original paint in all it's oxidized, patinaed, glory. I had a 74, sold it about 10 years ago and regretted it ever since.

0d4d9cd0bfb039c96adf1d2a4544898f--dodge-off-road-dodge-trucks.jpg

This truck is about what I'm looking for, although I would prefer original paint in all it's oxidized, patinaed, glory. I had a 74, sold it about 10 years ago and regretted it ever since.

0d4d9cd0bfb039c96adf1d2a4544898f--dodge-off-road-dodge-trucks.jpg

There is an unusually high percentage of Chrysler products in this area. My uncle started the first Dodge dealership in the county where I was born. I think it was in the early 50's. The dealership went through several owners over the years with mediocre sales. Then several years ago two young men bought it & started wheeling & dealing. Today they sell more Ram trucks than anybody in the state. They treat their employees well & as a result have a dependable work force. They go out of their way to give the best service & warranty. The dealer is known as Red River Ram, Dodge Chrysler. It take repeat customers to become this successful & it takes satisfied customers to become loyal to a dealership.

For Sale - I got a 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard, cherryburst finish, very good player condition, no breaks, comes with period correct Cali Girl case, Gibson 57 Classic pickups, nothing wrong with it, I just have too many guitars (8) looking to pair it down.

How much? I am in IL