Yellow | For those who hate the job so much...

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
NS seeks conductor recruits in Pennsylvania
_Norfolk Southern Railway_ (http://www.norfolksouthern.com/) plans to hold recruiting sessions in Harrisburg, Pa., on March 20 and in the Allentown, Pa., region on March 22 to solicit candidates for train conductor positions.

New hires will join NS as a conductor trainee, who operate switches, couple rail cars, and work on trains in yards or on trips.

NS has hired more than 600 people since January and expects to add 2,000 more employees in 2012

I'm enticed, anybody have the skinny on the pay scale?

_Norfolk Southern Railway_ (http://www.norfolksouthern.com/) plans to hold recruiting sessions in Harrisburg, Pa., on March 20 and in the Allentown, Pa., region on March 22 to solicit candidates for train conductor positions.

New hires will join NS as a conductor trainee, who operate switches, couple rail cars, and work on trains in yards or on trips.

NS has hired more than 600 people since January and expects to add 2,000 more employees in 2012

Can I collect my pension and work there at the same time? Just asking?:6799::1036316054:

I dunno, 35 to 40 K to risk my life around a train yard at night in all weather, probably on call and filling in doesn't sound so enticing after all. I'll have to work on another plan B.

I dunno, 35 to 40 K to risk my life around a train yard at night in all weather, probably on call and filling in doesn't sound so enticing after all. I'll have to work on another plan B.

Ya, that's was my thinking too. That and a 50% cut in pay. No thank you.

Doesn't sound too bad to start, I risk my life every night on the dock and yard with all the people that are drunk or doped up. How much more dangerous could it be?...

Doesn't sound too bad to start, I risk my life every night on the dock and yard with all the people that are drunk or doped up. How much more dangerous could it be?...

Dude! Haven't you ever seen Unstoppable?

1879a4a9-2248-f2d9.jpg

Will they let me put yrc "freight" trailers on the rail?

I'm shocked that you would do such a thing!!! Wait till I tell Rocky. :LMAO:

Cashing that pension check every 1st of the month is very relaxing for me. I don't need no cho-cho trains in my life now Triplex. Hope everythings good for you, miss the old guys at PIE.

Cashing that pension check every 1st of the month is very relaxing for me. I don't need no cho-cho trains in my life now Triplex. Hope everythings good for you, miss the old guys at PIE.

Those days at Hackensack and Spring Valley were the best. Didn't even seem like work most of the time, just good days with great bunch of guys.

Those days at Hackensack and Spring Valley were the best. Didn't even seem like work most of the time, just good days with great bunch of guys.

That's the truth,we had a sweet job back then. Like they say all good things come to an end.