Pitt-Ohio | forced city work after 12hr night run

corndog

TB Lurker
Credits
Its not that I mind helping out from time to time but everyday road drivers not just 1 or 2 of them but usually a 1/4 to 1/2 of them are being used for city work after there run. Whats the point of having safety meetings about sleep patterns ect. Why no one can call and ask if I would like to take a run is poor. Sure pay me straight time during a forced run. Lets just ask every city guy that they will have to get straight time pay no overtime after they are done with there run and need to do dock work. What is the difference when a city driver works the dock and makes overtime and a road driver works the same dock and takes out city runs and we get straight time. Someone needs to take a look at this. At the worst just pay overtime when you force out a linehaul driver without asking if he would like to go.

you got 4 hours before you have to be off duty. Maybe get 2 hours of freight off because you have PT and paper work, fuel and all to do. Nice that the work is there but to me it is not enough time to make it worth paying you 4 more hours and only actually getting 2 out of you.

YES, sometimes in a pinch it is a good idea to use you guys but 1/4 - 1/2 of you in 1 day?? Sounds like your TM is more into "His Numbers Game" than giving a Damn about you drivers. I feel for ya!

That is some big money there driver! Take the extra few hours and be back by the required time you're allowed to work. Dont worry, P/D work wont bite you ;)

Its not that I mind helping out from time to time but everyday road drivers not just 1 or 2 of them but usually a 1/4 to 1/2 of them are being used for city work after there run. Whats the point of having safety meetings about sleep patterns ect. Why no one can call and ask if I would like to take a run is poor. Sure pay me straight time during a forced run. Lets just ask every city guy that they will have to get straight time pay no overtime after they are done with there run and need to do dock work. What is the difference when a city driver works the dock and makes overtime and a road driver works the same dock and takes out city runs and we get straight time. Someone needs to take a look at this. At the worst just pay overtime when you force out a linehaul driver without asking if he would like to go.
The solution to your problem is simple, go to teamsters website & join the union.

Dont worry, P/D work wont bite you ;)

It's not that. It's all the extra bullshit that comes along with it.

My biggest issue when I was on the night shift was having to swap trucks before going out on the deliveries. A better idea would be to talk to the guys who are willing to do it, and give them their own truck, on the condition that whenever they are needed they have to go run the deliveries.

The maximum available hours to work is 14. If you have hours available, you can drive but no more than 11.

If this continues to happen, you need to call D.O.T. If you drive over the allowed time, the company will not get the ticket, YOU will get the ticket.

best of luck..