TForce | Forced off due to route being cut

upsfer

TB Lurker
Credits
Tm said he can force any driver to stay home no matter his seniority without pay if there route is cut do to lack of freight that day. he says you can no longer force from the bottom. he is basing this on a greivance out of orange co. calif. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON THIS PLEASE SHARE!! if this is true seniority means nothing..

That is a pretty bold statement from your TM.
Tell him to back up that hearsay,or you don't want to hear any other rumors of that nature without proof.
I myself got my Teamster card in 1966 and seniority was always in the National Master Freight Agreement.
Why it would not prevail in the UPS Freight contract would be a real mystery to say the least.

After all seniority is the privilege that comes with sticking around and putting up with much more than the next one under you in years.

...always file on the guarantee..always remember talk is cheap...contract is clear...TM`s are going to say anything to keep you from filing !!

...always file on the guarantee..always remember talk is cheap...contract is clear...TM`s are going to say anything to keep you from filing !!

Our tm sayes we are only guaranteed when put to work we have greeved this with no luck! though the contract clearly states based on a 40hr work week..

Last edited by a moderator:
Our tm sayes we are only guaranteed when put to work we have greeved this with no luck! though the contract clearly states based on a 40hr work week..

No one could answer such a statement.

You give us no facts. How many on the seniority list, what are the bids? Do any junior men hold the same start time bid as you?

Be certain on this, if your manger says he can do it, I suggest you grieve it.

im sorry i thoought it was clear when i said any driver no matter what his seniority is!! He is saying if your route gets cut on any giving day that you stay home without pay while junior men with routes, or not, are working.. i say its a clear case of run around. he says you cant bump a junior man off a bid route ifyour route is cut you stay home.. in the past we always forced from the bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
im sorry i thoought it was clear when i said any driver no matter what his seniority is!! He is saying if your route gets cut on any giving day that you stay home without pay while junior men with routes, or not, are working.. i say its a clear case of run around. he says you cant bump a junior man off a bid route ifyour route is cut you stay home.. in the past we always forced from the bottom

Well if this is true it sounds that you have some free money coming your way.

at my terminal, if they cut your run you get to bump on the extra p/d run based on your start time. But now it seems they only call in so many drivers to service the amount of bills coming in for del. On 11 4, the could only use 19 drivers out of 26. At the end of the day 3 loads didn't get delivered, and they missed a bunch of pickups. I was told the drivers are going to have to pick up the pace to bring the numbers up. HAHAHA. Screw the customer, well deliver his frt tommorrow. YRC will be in business a long time with an attitude like this company has. Also 6 outbound loads were not work and they did a service change and now we are in jeopardy of losing about a 700,000 dollar a year customer. Oh well. My attitude has changed. Just go to work put your 8 in and go home. Hey thanks for listening, I feel better.

at my terminal, if they cut your run you get to bump on the extra p/d run based on your start time. But now it seems they only call in so many drivers to service the amount of bills coming in for del. On 11 4, the could only use 19 drivers out of 26. At the end of the day 3 loads didn't get delivered, and they missed a bunch of pickups. I was told the drivers are going to have to pick up the pace to bring the numbers up. HAHAHA. Screw the customer, well deliver his frt tommorrow. YRC will be in business a long time with an attitude like this company has. Also 6 outbound loads were not work and they did a service change and now we are in jeopardy of losing about a 700,000 dollar a year customer. Oh well. My attitude has changed. Just go to work put your 8 in and go home. Hey thanks for listening, I feel better.

Sounds like our place. It's all about numbers, just did 15 hours and 452 miles not bad for a city route. But I took care of my customers, the hell with there number game.:icon_dance:

Sounds like our place. It's all about numbers, just did 15 hours and 452 miles not bad for a city route. But I took care of my customers, the hell with there number game.:icon_dance:

471 miles is my personal all time high for miles on a city p/d run,....Yesterday was only 366, Only took 12 hours, And like you all of my customers were happy at the end of the day,...And to me that is the most important part,...

I guess it depends on the TM. It seems like its up to him if he wants to bite the bullet and disregard what the big UPS establishment desires.