ODFL | Former Employee Looking To Return

KIKBXR

Multi-Diverse Transport Operator
Credits
In 2005 ,in Houston (loc) roughly 8 P&D drivers were laid off due to slow season. Well after quite some time, particularly since Hou is hiring both City & Linehaul , any suggestions on getting back in ? Presently with a competitor, Averitt

Reach out to the manager since you may have been marked as not rehireable, or he may question why you left. Chances are it isn't the same guy from 05. Just a thought. Good luck.
Not trying to be funny or sarcastic but I did state that I/We we laid off during slow season. No ,the guy in charge is not the same one in charge when we were laid-off. I will attempt to reach out, although.

Not trying to be funny or sarcastic but I did state that I/We we laid off during slow season. No ,the guy in charge is not the same one in charge when we were laid-off. I will attempt to reach out, although.

Just a warning, even if a job is posted the company wide is very slow at the moment.,, only come here if your finances are together at this time and do not mind a day or two or three off in a week occasionally. One guy laughed at me when I warned him on here last year and then the slow down hit him and he lookin for work elsewhere

Just a warning, even if a job is posted the company wide is very slow at the moment.,, only come here if your finances are together at this time and do not mind a day or two or three off in a week occasionally. One guy laughed at me when I warned him on here last year and then the slow down hit him and he lookin for work elsewhere
Yep heard he is working for you on the side under the table rewinding trimmer line

Dont you have any casual positions open on the mower board some of these guys could fill? Do they need a weed killer spraying endorsement for that?

Dont you have any casual positions open on the mower board some of these guys could fill? Do they need a weed killer spraying endorsement for that?

We hire to retire,, got a younger crew since we have a gardener to mower program,, in states like Oregon a 3 mower deck certification would help a guy get hired before the others

We hire to retire,, got a younger crew since we have a gardener to mower program,, in states like Oregon a 3 mower deck certification would help a guy get hired before the others
Here. Many OD drivers who don’t get enough hours driving, can work for any lawn service,and their time doesn’t count as , on duty, since Illinois is a right to mow state, and no endorsement is needed.

Here. Many OD drivers who don’t get enough hours driving, can work for any lawn service,and their time doesn’t count as , on duty, since Illinois is a right to mow state, and no endorsement is needed.

I try to get some,, they all whine they ain’t getting no hours but when they’re called an hour after being told to stay home they ain’t wanting to work