Yellow | Freight directors hard at work again thursday,january 26.

ever hear of a hostile take over ? or were you too busy working o/t to pay attention?
fyi:Hostile takeoversA hostile takeover allows a suitor to take over a target company whose management is unwilling to agree to a merger or takeover. A takeover is considered "hostile" if the target company's board rejects the offer, but the bidder continues to pursue it, or the bidder makes the offer directly after having announced its firm intention to make an offer.

A hostile takeover can be conducted in several ways. A tender offer can be made where the acquiring company makes a public offer at a fixed price above the current market price. Tender offers in the United States are regulated by the Williams Act. An acquiring company can also engage in a proxy fight, whereby it tries to persuade enough shareholders, usually a simple majority, to replace the management with a new one which will approve the takeover. Another method involves quietly purchasing enough stock on the open market, known as a creeping tender offer, to effect a change in management. In all of these ways, management resists the acquisition but it is carried out anyway.

The main consequence of a bid being considered hostile is practical rather than legal. If the board of the target cooperates, the bidder can conduct extensive due diligence into the affairs of the target company, providing the bidder with a comprehensive analysis of the target company's finances. In contrast, a hostile bidder will only have more limited, publicly-available information about the target company available, rendering the bidder vulnerable to hidden risks regarding the target company's finances. An additional problem is that takeovers often require loans provided by banks in order to service the offer, but banks are often less willing to back a hostile bidder because of the relative lack of information about the target available to them.

Hey R-14 I apologize for tying up this thread with silly back and forth banter, but I,m so tired of the same old tired B.S. About which company was better and who mare money and blah.blah. blah. My point to everyone is its time to move on.

and you liked it i suppose.anything to keep this great job of eating at greasy spoons and living in bug infested hotels.
ill bet your in central states and have to work until death too. something to realy look forward to.

wow you needmeds dude go get a diffrent job might be benificial to your long term health and maybe if you didnt budget for making big money it wouldnt be a worry just saying ive moved a few times and i never from day one as a road guy ever planned my bills for making more then 45k anything else is bonus in bank to pay cash for things........runs change, senority boards change, no guarrntees my friend in this line of work sorry noone told you this when u started here

wow you needmeds dude go get a diffrent job might be benificial to your long term health and maybe if you didnt budget for making big money it wouldnt be a worry just saying ive moved a few times and i never from day one as a road guy ever planned my bills for making more then 45k anything else is bonus in bank to pay cash for things........runs change, senority boards change, no guarrntees my friend in this line of work sorry noone told you this when u started here
Thanks for catching my back on this. I truly feel sorry for guys like Longblade. All, the rest of us want, is to move on. You really can tell who has never gone through anything like this before. If you had worked for CF or Preston or St. Johnsbury or any of the other GREAT companies that are now gone you would understand that these companies do not care about the individual, only the bottom line. And if you become a liability instead of an asset you are toast!

ck on this.

ill be retired in less than 2 year and you can keep suffering through this like you allways have.bend over here it comes again .... oh you like that too.
maybe if tough talking teamsters like you had stood up and took a stand you wouldnt have been pushed around so much that you liked it.
ps im done with trying to talk sense into some1 that wont listen or goes around with their eyes closed along with your mouths .
bye love this ignore button works great with guys like joes twin brother here
guess that makes you like those 3 monkeys hear no speak no see no .

<snip>
If you had worked for CF or Preston or St. Johnsbury or any of the other GREAT companies that are now gone you would understand that these companies do not care about the individual, only the bottom line. And if you become a liability instead of an asset you are toast!

And if anyone thinks it's only trucking companies that operate this way I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you!

And if anyone thinks it's only trucking companies that operate this way I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you!

Exactly my point. Business is business. So why do all of these former big R guys act like they were working for GOD? ITS JUST A F@&KING job.

Freight directors hard at work again friday,2/10/12.lets all support them during this critical protest of locals who have filed for their members........prochauffer