FedEx Freight | Freight for Freight

I was told they suspended guaranteed service all though the plandemic. Finally customers got to complaining and allegedly we reinstated it.

I know they did change some service points in Nashville from next day to two day points. All our competitors are next day to KCY and the greatest LTL company in America is two days!
We literally sell the service but in the fine print don't honor it. Haven't since 2020-2021.

Now they try to make sure it gets there, but if something happens like it being thrown on the rail ect. they won't get that back.

They started moving priority freight via rail in 2018-2019 or so too.

I was told they suspended guaranteed service all though the plandemic. Finally customers got to complaining and allegedly we reinstated it.

I know they did change some service points in Nashville from next day to two day points. All our competitors are next day to KCY and the greatest LTL company in America is two days!
You may be right about that lane...but I've yet to see any LTL with better overall transit times.
As far as I know we charge the most.
Customers pay us more because of the service.

You may be right about that lane...but I've yet to see any LTL with better overall transit times.
What service? You mean running through damages and whatnot not just from neglect but terrible loading practices? We're no better than the next guy but we cost far more, when shippers finally catch onto that they usually switch us out unless they got swindled into a contract forcing them to continue to use us.

and pretty sure Regionals in the area can get it there just as fast without even a third of the damage rate we do simply because they floor load everything.

Theres also the business of the paperless system of how shippers switched to try it out, hated our system for it, tried to switch back and were told they couldn't ship with us anymore if they did. When I left the office they were pushing customers to use online scheduling and our automated system that only works every once in a while, and we lost a few large accounts over that locally.

Then when you call into customer service you get connected to India where Shalama can't even speak proper english, you can't understand a single thing they're saying and its just a frustrating experience, and thats after you've beat the phone into the wall trying to talk to a HUMAN instead of dealing with the automated system. I've personally destroyed atleast one phone trying to schedule a express pickup from our facility.

What service? You mean running through damages and whatnot not just from neglect but terrible loading practices? We're no better than the next guy but we cost far more, when shippers finally catch onto that they usually switch us out unless they got swindled into a contract forcing them to continue to use us.

and pretty sure Regionals in the area can get it there just as fast without even a third of the damage rate we do simply because they floor load everything.

Theres also the business of the paperless system of how shippers switched to try it out, hated our system for it, tried to switch back and were told they couldn't ship with us anymore if they did. When I left the office they were pushing customers to use online scheduling and our automated system that only works every once in a while, and we lost a few large accounts over that locally.

Then when you call into customer service you get connected to India where Shalama can't even speak proper english, you can't understand a single thing they're saying and its just a frustrating experience, and thats after you've beat the phone into the wall trying to talk to a HUMAN instead of dealing with the automated system. I've personally destroyed atleast one phone trying to schedule a express pickup from our facility.
Not the service, the Brand. That’s worth something. At sometime. Surely?

No other freight lines have any damages ?
A regional does just that...stays in their region.
I'm talking coast to coast service.
Call any truck lines customer service and I'm sure you'll get the automated run a round.
I will agree with the out of the country b.s. ...that's bad.
And its why I give our local service center direct number and names of our people.
I have a couple of paperless customers daily that seem to work pretty we!!.
I've never heard of a customer trying paperless and told we wouldn't do business with them again if they wanted to switch back.

Call any truck lines customer service and I'm sure you'll get the automated run a round.
And its why I give our local service center direct number and names of our people.
I've never heard of a customer trying paperless and told we wouldn't do business with them again if they wanted to switch back.
Again, We're no better than the next guy. we all have damages at close to the same rates as eachother. the difference is we cost more for the chance that your freight might get there a little faster than the rest of them. And thats only a chance mind you.

My SCM continually turns down freight, our sales team basically acts like we don't exist, and he couldn't manage himself out of a paper bag. We never had a meeting on what runs we were losing, we just found out via our call block sheet. and its not unique either, its the norm for FXF - They're just fine with subpar management and non-existent sales representation. its been that way since I started in 2012.

Again, We're no better than the next guy. we all have damages at close to the same rates as eachother. the difference is we cost more for the chance that your freight might get there a little faster than the rest of them. And thats only a chance mind you.

My SCM continually turns down freight, our sales team basically acts like we don't exist, and he couldn't manage himself out of a paper bag. We never had a meeting on what runs we were losing, we just found out via our call block sheet. and its not unique either, its the norm for FXF - They're just fine with subpar management and non-existent sales representation. its been that way since I started in 2012.
Sounds like our center. Wonder how many other centers are being run like this ? It’s really sad what goes on anymore our centers leadership is a bunch of big azz liars drivers catch they lying to customers anyone that crosses their path. No INTEGRITY

Lots of shady things we don’t know about. We learn the dirty deeds from customers we will pick up freight when and where we want is out management’s attitude. Examples we are short handed nope driver out of area, we are at capacity today ,driver breakdown , you get the picture

I'd say we generally have the better transit times.
I agree we damage as much as anyone.

I am right about that lane, because I had a friend that had been trying to get nighttime KCY meet for years and as soon as he got it a couple months later they down graded the service to 2 day and moved to AM on the next cycle.

There were a couple others but I am not sure so I won't speculate. I think the others were 2 day going to 3 day.

Customers tolerated during the PLANDEMIC, but not anymore.

The thing that blows my mind is leaving freight on docks when furloughing and people can't even get their 40.

This all stinks! I don't know what it is but I can smell it a mile away! Time to update resume drivers. Remember it ain't your daddy's AF anymore as corporate always use to tell us.

Good luck all. Prayers to all.

I am right about that lane, because I had a friend that had been trying to get nighttime KCY meet for years and as soon as he got it a couple months later they down graded the service to 2 day and moved to AM on the next cycle.

There were a couple others but I am not sure so I won't speculate. I think the others were 2 day going to 3 day.

The thing that blows my mind is leaving freight on docks when furloughing and people can't even get their 40.

This all stinks! I don't know what it is but I can smell it a mile away! Time to update resume drivers. Remember it ain't your daddy's AF anymore as corporate always use to tell us.

Are you referring to our docks or the customers docks?

The lane you speak of was slowed down in service because it was a lane that was light on tonnage... Hate to say but gone are the days of bending over backwards to be the service leader. Just not how this company is going to operate. It is about how you maximize profit.. period! However I think they have forgotten that if you take care of the customer they will take care of the business'. The freight for freight deal... heck that has been going on since covid and it happens on projected low tonnage days as well as every Friday all in the name of cutting cost. Move it to rail or don't move it at all... Which has a trickle down impact to bids in relays that get canceled because of no tonnage. It is a game folks and we are all pawns. Central is allowed to use this excuse in decision making even though it may add cost but no one is tracking. It truly is a joke... very sad joke but a joke. You know when folks finally stood up it was a sight to see the crawfishing that went on. Once you see you truly have power in numbers than you realize the power you have.