FedEx Freight | Freight for Freight

Hit it on the head . Dispatch positions in Central Dispatch are entry level positions that pay very poorly. Only real requirements are computer literacy. On rare occasions some experienced folks are allowed to transfer in. Explains a lot
Wrong.
They require a college degree. Bachelors preferred.

And they get paid a average of $20k less per year than their counterparts at other companies.

QUALIFICATIONS:
• Two (2) years of college or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years of experience in operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse or a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse
• Familiar with Federal Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) and hazardous materials rules and regulations
• Must be detail oriented, able to react quickly, able to prioritize, and possess good interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of transportation software and geography
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Internet)
• Ability to make sound decisions
• Ability to work independently and as a team member

2yrs service in equal to 1yr college.
Its there technically, but can say having been involved in said interviews, almost never works out that way. You either have a degree or its neigh impossible to get into those positions.

Last time I interviewed for a management position at all in 2018 or so it also became less about being able to do the job, and more about feelings, whatnot, woke bullshit. Big reason I gave up trying to continue that path.

Mods, what is this poster bringing to the table?

Is there logic or intellect that I’m missing? I just get an argumentative bitch that doesn’t know the difference between your and you're…

Wohoo, the “b” word doesn’t get filtered?!?!
Guys I need to let everyone have a voice , you all seem to know how to handle things . The forums members actually help with crowd control . I step in for rule violations , threats of any kind , stuff like that . Sometimes you guys report stuff and it goes directly to us for review . Remember Jeff , our Mods & I try to keep a eye on things but we still got animals , kids , grandkids , jobs , there's alot going on here all the time folks .

Thanks for understanding .
SMOKESTACK < bitch - testing 1, 2 , 3...

Last edited:
Its there technically, but can say having been involved in said interviews, almost never works out that way. You either have a degree or its neigh impossible to get into those positions.

Last time I interviewed for a management position at all in 2018 or so it also became less about being able to do the job, and more about feelings, whatnot, woke bull::::shit::::. Big reason I gave up trying to continue that path.
Probably better off. When I was 2yrs into my career I put in for supervision. I was told I was to intense for the job. So I laughed at him and never applied again. They gave it to a golfing buddy who got fired 5 years later for not coming to work. Guess he wasn't intense enough.

Probably better off. When I was 2yrs into my career I put in for supervision. I was told I was too intense for the job. So I laughed at him and never applied again. They gave it to a golfing buddy who got fired 5 years later for not coming to work. Guess he wasn't intense enough.

I did a 1.5 hour interview to flip sides. I was actually given the “correct” answer but couldn’t actually regurgitate it, on command.

Guys I need to let everyone have a voice , you all seem to know how to handle things . The forums members actually help with crowd control . I step in for rule violations , threats of any kind , stuff like that . Sometimes you guys report stuff and it goes directly to us for review . Remember Jeff , our Mods & I try to keep a eye on things but we still got animals , kids , grandkids , jobs , there's alot going on here all the time folks .

Thanks for understanding .
SMOKESTACK < bitch - testing 1, 2 , 3...

I appreciate your time and TB for giving us all a voice.

Last edited: