FedEx Freight | Freight for Freight

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
This is the reason we were given for the loss of runs. We were told that Central was not running freight against empties. That Nashville was actually doing good be our counter parts weren't. Thus the lanes that were normally even are unbalanced. That's sounds good in theory, but I have some concerns.

1st. Are we sacrificing service for this? If so are we giving away free freight? Reason I ask is that if a customer is under the FXF1000 tariff EVERYTHING is guaranteed or it's free!

2nd. If we are sacrificing service. Are we offering huge discounts? Why would a customer pay premium rates for sub par service?

3. Are we trying to free up capacity for something? Are we trying to run off smaller customers to free up capacity for this 2025 plan?

These are questions that are running through my head, because none of the current moves make sense to the naked eye.

Help me out swampy. Your knowledge is always better and more detailed than mine.

When asked why we weren’t aggressively targeting new customers to balance lanes, our SCM vehemently stated that we would not be offering discounts or looking for additional tonnage at this time…

This is the reason we were given for the loss of runs. We were told that Central was not running freight against empties. That Nashville was actually doing good be our counter parts weren't. Thus the lanes that were normally even are unbalanced. That's sounds good in theory, but I have some concerns.

1st. Are we sacrificing service for this? If so are we giving away free freight? Reason I ask is that if a customer is under the FXF1000 tariff EVERYTHING is guaranteed or it's free!

2nd. If we are sacrificing service. Are we offering huge discounts? Why would a customer pay premium rates for sub par service?

3. Are we trying to free up capacity for something? Are we trying to run off smaller customers to free up capacity for this 2025 plan?

These are questions that are running through my head, because none of the current moves make sense to the naked eye.

Help me out swampy. Your knowledge is always better and more detailed than mine.
What exactly is the 2025 plan?

When asked why we weren’t aggressively targeting new customers to balance lanes, our SCM vehemently stated that we would not be offering discounts or looking for additional tonnage at this time…
That answer makes me think Definitely trying to free up space! Why would you not try and secure new business instead of furloughing drivers?

Man, I'm at a loss on this one. I'll be looking at that Drive investor event that t-Bored posted, but that's not till April. The quarterly report and earnings call are in March, so maybe some info there.

On the city side, we (choose to) leave freight on customer docks daily. Often entire trailers full at a single customer - told we'll only do a single swap per day. Much like your perspective from the road side, all while drivers sit at home, or work dock exclusively.

Kind of bizarre, and the silence is deafening.

We no longer guarantee freight, its all about profit margins. Some customers are seeking other providers to get things delivered on time, hence we seem to be hurting more than the other ltls and making deeper cuts for short term gains that are going to kill us long term.

We no longer guarantee freight, its all about profit margins. Some customers are seeking other providers to get things delivered on time, hence we seem to be hurting more than the other ltls and making deeper cuts for short term gains that are going to kill us long term.
I was told they suspended guaranteed service all though the plandemic. Finally customers got to complaining and allegedly we reinstated it.

I know they did change some service points in Nashville from next day to two day points. All our competitors are next day to KCY and the greatest LTL company in America is two days!

We no longer guarantee freight, it’s all about profit margins. Some customers are seeking other providers to get things delivered on time, hence we seem to be hurting more than the other ltls and making deeper cuts for short term gains that are going to kill us long term.

I was told they suspended guaranteed service all though the plandemic. Finally customers got to complaining and allegedly we reinstated it.

I know they did change some service points in Nashville from next day to two day points. All our competitors are next day to KCY and the greatest LTL company in America is two days!
As long as you haves scm chasing numbers for their egos or a promotion closer to where they began their careers numbers rule forget pick ups delivery’s etc just give me the numbers