Yellow | Freight sitting for days

stroud120

COME GET SOME
Credits
Anyone elese have this problem. They laid off drivers, and freight just seems to sit and sit for a driver to come off rest. Line haul says they can not move freight, they have no drivers and corprate won't let them bring back any. Is this the whole its contract time bit. The drivers we do have are running right off rest. Come weekends and during the week we are out of drivers.

stroud120, what dispatch not telling you is they are calling laid-off drivers back to run the freight. Only working these teamsters 1-2 trips only so company doesn't have to pay out benifits. Since they screwed so many drivers at our barn, they have a pool of 15 drivers left while others found new jobs. Several drivers told Big R to go f**k themselves, since they brought them back to work 3 weeks and laid them off again. These same drivers had other jobs and quit to come back only to get screw again. Now you add into the factor other drivers who got laid off transfer to hiring terminals.

I'm a city guy here who has seen it first hand about freight I picked up say on a Tues and here it is thurs I still see the same freight being rework to go out thurs night. Asked whats up with that and the O/B supe says they don't have enough drivers to cover the freight. i was thinking was this done on purpose or there was a problem. Now I know, but does management realize that these shippers make it their business to track their shipments and see how long it stays in our system ( picked up tues and thurs still at origin term who is at fault now when a shipper stops using RDWY)

I'm just speaking the truth, so tired of hearing management blame teamsters. .It's bullsh*t Yrcw is the blame cutting teamster jobs and pushing the rest of us to work harder,travel farther. Then it becomes greed 1 terminal violating logs so they can look better then the next terminal. Thinking it might save your terminal your job your future. Well it's time to wake up, example 135,211 etc got more freight and some amazing runs that only work with white out. Where did it get them? More lay-offs because their own guys are running over top of each other. Yes freight levels down but thats only percentage of the problem.

What you are saying is the truth. Greed not brotherhood. Drivers carring 2 bottles of white out to make their logs work. Sure says 135 we can turn Chesire. Yeah like that is legal going in a truck that will go 60 mph down hill, 55 on straight aways and 35 up the smallest hill. I see what you are saying where did it get them, but laid off and now YRCW is coming after 135. Yrcw knows that they have bled everyone around 135 to the bare minium, now it is time to cut at 135 and spread out, to the terminals that are now freight starved around them. How did driving 620 plus miles get them now. :hysterical:

I got a phone call from holland today (Im laid off frome there linehaul) asking me if I wanted to run the city for them. Too bad I was 500 miles from there since I had to get another job. I told them to send me a letter and I would think about it!!!!