Yellow | Freight Teamsters: Time To Unite For The 2013 Contract!

I like the sound of us ALL working together. That means the Hoffa administration and the TDU putting their grudge down for a minute and worrying about the actual members. It's easy to write bad things about each other but it isn't so easy to actually agree on things. The TDU brings up some good points and opens a healthy dialogue on many issues but lands short of coming up with any solutions. The Hoffa administration has failed to impress for several years too. Now is when we need these guys to come together and demonstrate what unity is about rather than continue the bitter fingerpointing.

I like the sound of us ALL working together. That means the Hoffa administration and the TDU putting their grudge down for a minute and worrying about the actual members. It's easy to write bad things about each other but it isn't so easy to actually agree on things. The TDU brings up some good points and opens a healthy dialogue on many issues but lands short of coming up with any solutions. The Hoffa administration has failed to impress for several years too. Now is when we need these guys to come together and demonstrate what unity is about rather than continue the bitter fingerpointing.

You make excellent points in your comments and I agree 100% with what you say. However, my take on things is that the Teamsters Union has become "big business" of and for itself and has forgotten what it was all about in it's early days - negotiating for and protecting the rights of trucking/freight workers. It seems to be more concerned with it's own organizational success/survival as opposed to concentrating on organizing all the non-union freight carriers out there these days. Just my opinion - bash away.