ABF | Freight Teamsters: Time To Unite For The 2013 Contract!

UPS has plenty of money. So I'm sure the UPS'ers will rectify the shortcomings in this next contract. But it does teach a lesson. The teamster pension can't be beat. If ABF Inc wants an early contract it's..

hands off the pension!!:coffee1:

And you ABFers.....insist that they include Joe and Wolf on the Ballot list.......:biglaugh:

Comparing Joe in relation to ABFers is like comparing night and day...white and black...etc

Having Joe being involved with anything that involves us ABFers would be like the fox guarding the hen house and all one has to do is just look at anyone of his posts in this ABF forum to realize this...
lmao.gif

Comparing Joe in relation to ABFers is like comparing night and day...white and black...etc

Having Joe being involved with anything that involves us ABFers would be like the fox guarding the hen house and all one has to do is just look at anyone of his posts in this ABF forum to realize this...
lmao.gif

The only advice I could give a brotha when the enemy attacks with lies and you're going into battle negotiations is to sing. Yes sing and if the going gets tough..that's when you sing the loudest!!
watching20you-1.gif

lmao.gif

Joe ain't worth the time of day.

Brother Boilerpeddle: How about pension service based on all time instead of a 40 hour week? If you work 60 hours, then you have a week-and-a-half's pension service. A lot of us would've retired by now at age 55 with probably 45 years' service...........

While I love that idea that extra $7.00 or so per hour would kill the goose. Now maybe time and a quarter plus the pension would be affordable.

Brother ABFer, what I meant was that if you got 55 or 60 hours worked in a week, then you got credit for the same in your pension. Our pension is based on a 40 hour work-week, 40 weeks a year for 1 year credited service. 2 clock punches in a week gives you a weeks' pension service, so if you're on a 4/10 week, or close to the bottom, you still get a weeks' credited service toward your pension. What I propose is instead of a "week" based pension plan, how about an "hour" based plan, covering all hours. Take the multiplier and fraction it down into hours so that every hour you work, a portion of that goes toward the total of your hours' pension service. Road drivers on a 60+ work-week could retire faster. Older guys on the top of the board could work more overtime to speed up their credited service so they can retire faster and open the job to younger employees. After all, they're applying the pressure for us all to work a week-and-a-half in a week, why not give us credited pension service on that week-and-a-half, instead of just a week irregardless of how many hours we work? We aren't sitting behind a desk, this job beats you up. If your employer wants to squeeze blood from a stone, as it were, then they can pay for the privilege by allowing us to retire earlier with a full pension........and only a partially worn-out body.

Where I am our pension is paid in by the company for each hour we work up to the first 40 in a week. There are formulas for how the driver gets credited by the pension fund based on days over the course of the year. They do it in days because we are guaranteed 8 hours once we punch in. Where I am getting lost with what your suggesting is-who should carry the burden of the the extra money needed to fund those hours of service over 40? If the company is required to pay it they can't afford it without a giveback somewhere else. If the funds are required to cover it it will break them as well, they are already in dire straits.

The only advice I could give a brotha when the enemy attacks with lies and you're going into battle negotiations is to sing. Yes sing and if the going gets tough..that's when you sing the loudest!!
watching20you-1.gif

And nobody knows more about spreading lies than you...right?

Where I am our pension is paid in by the company for each hour we work up to the first 40 in a week. There are formulas for how the driver gets credited by the pension fund based on days over the course of the year. They do it in days because we are guaranteed 8 hours once we punch in. Where I am getting lost with what your suggesting is-who should carry the burden of the the extra money needed to fund those hours of service over 40? If the company is required to pay it they can't afford it without a giveback somewhere else. If the funds are required to cover it it will break them as well, they are already in dire straits.

Good points, Brother ABFer. It remains to be seen whether or not they can afford to cover the extra pension costs. One immediate savings would be earlier retirement of high vacation employees, and replacement of those with new-hires in wage progression. I think all of us should value our labor, and the Federally required qualifications......higher than what we do. Another proposal I'd like to see is expansion of the section of the NMFA that has the company pay for required tests to include the CDL - Haz-Mat Homeland Security requirements. Not only are they intrusive and costly, but we don't benefit a dime by being qualified to haul Haz-Mat. The companies do. I got my fingerprints taken by the Air Force 40 years ago, and I don't appreciate having a grumpy State Trooper tell me every 4 years that they haven't changed.......and then paying for that privilege.

The State Police don't want to take your fingerprints either and they know that they haven't changed in four years too. I know this because I asked them. He told me that it is all about the money for the government to have this done repeatedly, nothing else.

The State Police don't want to take your fingerprints either and they know that they haven't changed in four years too. I know this because I asked them. He told me that it is all about the money for the government to have this done repeatedly, nothing else.
The first clue should have been when they said if you can't read we will have it read to you. If you can't speak English then we will have it translated for you. What part of that doesn't say ALL WE WANT IS YOUR MONEY! But the real sad part is they get their friends paid also. In Ohio they have private companies that do the paper work. YOUR $144.00 CDL BROTHER ALWAYS!

Good points, Brother ABFer. It remains to be seen whether or not they can afford to cover the extra pension costs. One immediate savings would be earlier retirement of high vacation employees, and replacement of those with new-hires in wage progression. I think all of us should value our labor, and the Federally required qualifications......higher than what we do. Another proposal I'd like to see is expansion of the section of the NMFA that has the company pay for required tests to include the CDL - Haz-Mat Homeland Security requirements. Not only are they intrusive and costly, but we don't benefit a dime by being qualified to haul Haz-Mat. The companies do. I got my fingerprints taken by the Air Force 40 years ago, and I don't appreciate having a grumpy State Trooper tell me every 4 years that they haven't changed.......and then paying for that privilege.
YES!! I now have to hunt down a birth certificate (or a valid passport but don't have one of those) In order to APPLY to get an APPOINMENT to have my fingerprints taken at a privatized facility (A hospital about 50 miles from my house is the closest one) and pay my hundred bucks after having done it in the airforce and doing it twice for a handgun permit (second time was for a lifetime permit, Love the Hoosier state for that one). Seems like any one of those would have been enough. We are worth more for having gone through this.