Yellow | Freight Teleconference audio

Did I misunderstand ,( all three times I listened to it) or did I here Tyson say that the work rules portion of this agreement will be incorporated into the NFMA, as a national standard and affect all carriers, in all regions, not just YRCW employees?

The interesting part for me was how these concessions are contingent on the lenders and banks restructuring their debt into equity. This has to be done by December 31st and close by March 31st or no deal. I also liked the fact that Tyson said there will be further discussions about wage snap backs although they are not in the contract. The investors like to see a 5 year deal so they can lure new equity investors. Seemed like a pretty fair deal to me? The only part I didn't like is what happens when you refuse a 4 hour position. Did I hear it right that you become a casual? I think Tyson may have been drinking that night because he mentioned that this will effect all NMFA companies and then the financial guy said it only effect Yellow Roadway companies. That would be an interesting detail to know the correct answer to.

I think Tyson may have been drinking that night because he mentioned that this will effect all NMFA companies and then the financial guy said it only effect Yellow Roadway companies. That would be an interesting detail to know the correct answer to.

I would hope that is the case, but I remember, the LOA clause in our white paper contract (MOU) having contingencies added that were not approved not once but twice, when you vote in favor of an agreement, you authorize your leadership to sign said agreement as written only, without any unapproved changes. but they did it twice, the first change angered too many members.

Obviously the Teamsters are not excited about the concessions. After listening to the experts I have to change my vote from a no to a yes. There is still no guarantee that the company will even survive even after the concessions. I will be taking a leave of absence soon afterwards. This will by us time to look for another job. Unfortunately, this job is no longer a career. It's a sad day for YRCW employees.

I have to agree with you shakespoet, I was dead set on a no vote myself. After careful examination of the so called experts, I think it's a better idea to go along with their program. Who knows, they may just pull this off with the chance of a better economy ahead. Looks like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. IMO

I have to agree with you shakespoet, I was dead set on a no vote myself. After careful examination of the so called experts, I think it's a better idea to go along with their program. Who knows, they may just pull this off with the chance of a better economy ahead. Looks like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. IMO
Nice first post, from a management's point of view.

The timing is everything. If concessions aren't approved YRC doesn't get the $200M facility due next month from the banks. $200M operating cash they won't have plus the snap back pension payments of $30M a month will force them to liquidate by the end of Dec or early Jan
letters-050609_1417353c.jpg

images

ye chest thumpers