Central Transport | freightquote

jimmygeorge76

TB Lurker
Credits
who else wants to get rid of this crap freight! wish they would not except any freight from that site!!!! i rarely see freight thats not a bunch of junk from FQ.

I have only one problem with freight quote, and unishippers for that matter....While we are doing all the work, they are charging the customer almost double what vitran would if they had pricing from us..If we could just send salesmen out and build the business up, we can keep these profits...Or go back to offering non-customers a flat off the top 70% discount...or something like that

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. We appreciate all of our drivers and do the best we can to accommodate them.

well how about geting our dispatch the right information on what we are picking up like the size of the freight and weight and the right address. i can not stand going to place and geting jerked around looking for freight quote unishippers shipper freight have to call back to the dispatch 2 time to get the right ::shit::. the most famous words i get are who u picking up for

how about getting us the right infomation to start..... I see on the bill that they have the phone # and contact an closes time an size if over 48X48. Our dispatch does not have all of that on the T-card that is used to tell us what we are getting only pices and weight and close time an company of pick up. it is so helpful when we are going into a new place for pick-up i hate being jerked around. Just had one monday it was over sized an took up 4 skids spots called for 1 skid for 350lbs a tractor hood. as a driver i should not have to tell the customer that they will be chargerd different. I did look at the t-card when i got back that night an had knowing on it like size

I never had much of a problem with Freightquote. I don't work for Vitran/PJax but the only problem I see is the shipper supplies the info and Freightquote relays it. You know some shippers are going to try and fudge the numbers a bit.

You know some shippers are going to try and fudge the numbers a bit.

That trick isnt going to be working much longer since were all getting Speedtrack scales on the hilos. Ive been seeing alot of freight that is WAY off on the weight declared by the shipper.

I just love walking into a shipper and getting asked "do you know who your picking up for or where the freight is going?" I usually just tell the shipper "nope, dispatcher told me to come here and pick up some freight and here i am".

That trick isnt going to be working much longer since were all getting Speedtrack scales on the hilos. Ive been seeing alot of freight that is WAY off on the weight declared by the shipper.

I just love walking into a shipper and getting asked "do you know who your picking up for or where the freight is going?" I usually just tell the shipper "nope, dispatcher told me to come here and pick up some freight and here i am".
Haha story of my life, "Well can you call your dispatch"?

That's as good as wearing my Co. shirt and getting asked "who are you with"? When I see Freight.com ::shit:: come up on the hand held I know it's usually gonna be a hassle, seems we get the pick-up before the shipper knows anything about it so we play the 20 questions game:nutkick:

That's as good as wearing my Co. shirt and getting asked "who are you with"? When I see Freight.com ::shit:: come up on the hand held I know it's usually gonna be a hassle, seems we get the pick-up before the shipper knows anything about it so we play the 20 questions game:nutkick:
Thats funny in the west we were SWE and then bought by Vitran but we are also CHRIS and PJAX. Now who am I picking up for. Oh and my trailer says XTRA Lease and my truck door says TCI or TEC leasing.:biglaugh:

At least I have my pro label book for company ID.

The Tell system does tell if its an EDI from freightquote if the person taking the info he or she should note the 3PL calling this in and the phone number.

The Tell system does tell if its an EDI from freightquote if the person taking the info he or she should note the 3PL calling this in and the phone number.

Thats a pretty big IF!!!

I dont know what info you get or give about p/u's but all i usually get is "go to so and so at this address and pick up this many pieces".

As for the 3PL calling it in and their #, its not my job to use my phone to call the 3PL to get the all the info.

I have only one problem with freight quote, and unishippers for that matter....While we are doing all the work, they are charging the customer almost double what vitran would if they had pricing from us..If we could just send salesmen out and build the business up, we can keep these profits...Or go back to offering non-customers a flat off the top 70% discount...or something like that

If you are a P&D Driver, call Dispatch and tell them it is improperly packaged and will result in a claim if you pick it up. Also, most locations are junk yards, so just tell your dispatcher you can't find the address. Who's gonna tell. Problem solved.