Holland | Friday and Monday

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
In Memphis attendense on Monday and Friday is so bad we have to work our inbound freight as though it was a holiday. Yesterday more than a third of our board was off. Sucks for the men that are at work. I here this is happening at several barns throughout the system. What's the solution?

"MORALE" = the disposition or mental state which causes a man or body of people to face an emergency with spirit . per webster's dictionary , and Holland's MORALE is broken at all barns , so solution is FIX the MORALE problem period .

"MORALE" = the disposition or mental state which causes a man or body of people to face an emergency with spirit . per webster's dictionary , and Holland's MORALE is broken at all barns , so solution is FIX the MORALE problem period .
Agree 100%. This is a bad cycle we are in. The men taking off "F this place I'm leaving first chance I get anyway" the men trying to make a living get sick of hearing "forced OT tonight" because half the man power called off. My solution is more money = better morale and more qualified people to hire.

You pretty much have to take Friday night before vacation, if your a road driver. The midnight start ruins the chances of getting done early, plus there's ALWAYS a problem when you need things to go smoothly..it never fails. Monday's are the most likely nights to go through on slips, so if you have plans on a Tues, ya may as well take Mon off..lol

When a person has low morale from being beat down by their employer, they don't want to be there. Who would? So at every opportunity you stay away. When everyone's "give a damn" is busted, I would only expect an attendance problem. Those who are running the show need a kick in the balls.......they won't listen to anybody.

When a person has low morale from being beat down by their employer, they don't want to be there. Who would? So at every opportunity you stay away. When everyone's "give a damn" is busted, I would only expect an attendance problem. Those who are running the show need a kick in the balls.......they won't listen to anybody.
You said the truth , everyone's "give a damm" is broken , agree 100% , the old yellow dog has beat us into the ground !!

I thoroughly enjoy a Monday off, I don't understand the point of this thread. it happens everywhere, and its not a morale problem, its a "i like spending time with my kids/wife/atv/motorcycle/Camaro/etc.." you could have the happiest creampuff job ever, but give a guy a way to get out of work, some money in his pocket, and a nice day, and he is going to be gone......

Well the problem with that is it puts a major strain on all the dock workers, drivers and dispatchers that did show up for work. Not making deliveries and pickups and/or getting it done late is simply bad for business. I want to chill at the crib too but not because I called out sick. Being on a cold dock on Sunday night with 800 bills to bust and only 3 of you showed up will make you resent all the folks that call out on a Sunday night basis, or Friday night etc etc. that's just me though.

Well the problem with that is it puts a major strain on all the dock workers, drivers and dispatchers that did show up for work. Not making deliveries and pickups and/or getting it done late is simply bad for business. I want to chill at the crib too but not because I called out sick. Being on a cold dock on Sunday night with 800 bills to bust and only 3 of you showed up will make you resent all the folks that call out on a Sunday night basis, or Friday night etc etc. that's just me though.

well then you shouldn't have wasted all your sick days already! or take an alcohol slide.....

You resent them because you didnt do the same. You should be at my barn the night before deer season opens. Maxed out vacation schedule and then perhaps another 40 to 50 call offs. Bummer.

You resent them because you didnt do the same. You should be at my barn the night before deer season opens. Maxed out vacation schedule and then perhaps another 40 to 50 call offs. Bummer.
No wonder we have so many casuals now, hell they'll probably start getting them from the temp services and the soup line before long.. Boy the tears would be rolling then wouldn't they!! I like time off myself, probably more than most.they should run this place like the military, :) try calling in sick on their asses every Friday!!

Last edited: