Holland | Friday and Monday

and they weren't organizing non-union barns either, now, those tiny little outfits are much larger and are bringing this industry down. when an ltl freight trucking co. posts an 81.5 OR and offers little to it's employees, makes one wonder what they'll offer when there is no union, I'll be retired, however these 25year old truckers will be reduced to third world servitude.
Before deregulation there were only a handful of non-union ltl carriers, they didn't need to organize them. If you figure in inflation, the wages today are way behind what they should be. I agree when the Unions are gone the wages will be equal to third wold status. I retired 8 years ago and living the good life now on my Teamster pension.

Thank you Getoverit. Probably one of the largest threads I've ever started and what subject created this, arguing between truckers. I'm one that takes Truckingboards serious. I try to relay problems and positives from barns throughout our system to my local. Didn't get much here.
Hey griz if KN would learn how to evenly distribute 12 total pcs of tote tanks and pallets of drums. These 12 shipments out of AK would have had a chance to make service today. Trl was over 40k so I went to scale it and was 1,920 over gross (72k) and 2,840 over on tandems with being slide to 41ft mark. Had to take 2 skids drums off pull whole trailer off except for 4 skids and evenly distribute weight the correct way. Took me 1.75hr to do everything. So that made me sleepy (1hr nap) so I should be there by 1130 12. Hope it has a chance.

In Memphis attendense on Monday and Friday is so bad we have to work our inbound freight as though it was a holiday. Yesterday more than a third of our board was off. Sucks for the men that are at work. I here this is happening at several barns throughout the system. What's the solution?
It's all going to get better when they get the new phone system for our city drivers..

Hey griz if KN would learn how to evenly distribute 12 total pcs of tote tanks and pallets of drums. These 12 shipments out of AK would have had a chance to make service today. Trl was over 40k so I went to scale it and was 1,920 over gross (72k) and 2,840 over on tandems with being slide to 41ft mark. Had to take 2 skids drums off pull whole trailer off except for 4 skids and evenly distribute weight the correct way. Took me 1.75hr to do everything. So that made me sleepy (1hr nap) so I should be there by 1130 12. Hope it has a chance.
If you were headed to Milwaukee it wouldnt stand a chance. The clipboard monkeys have to go home so if you arent there by 1030, its getting coded late. Supervisors dont like to work more than 8 hours

If you were headed to Milwaukee it wouldnt stand a chance. The clipboard monkeys have to go home so if you arent there by 1030, its getting coded late. Supervisors dont like to work more than 8 hours
Sad part about this is all of KN freight is going to either YRC or PT destination long beach CA and it's gonna sit on dock for a while but all this AK 2day freight is not gonna make it to the streets today.

Another Friday and numerous drivers off or getting off early due to no hours to work. This is a freckin joke that our management lets these guys work over 20 hours OT in 4 days and can't cover their bid.
Yes this seems to be problem at most barns ??? Question is where are the managers & supervisors that are suppose to be watching this and do load planning , so they don't run out of hours by Friday ??

Yes this seems to be problem at most barns ??? Question is where are the managers & supervisors that are suppose to be watching this and do load planning , so they don't run out of hours by Friday ??
I know right. Central was pissed says same shipper every time and happens at least 3 days a week. They just throw all that freight behind the relay not considering the weight on ass end plus none of totes where braced with logistic bars. DOT would've had a field day with me.

KN is the worst about overloading trailers and the weight on the bill sack being wrong!!! Several weeks ago I had a trailer that I stopped and scaled and I was at 83000 gross.....

xINbz7C.jpg

KN is the worst about overloading trailers and the weight on the bill sack being wrong!!! Several weeks ago I had a trailer that I stopped and scaled and I was at 83000 gross.....
Drums double stacked on back of 53 footer, wasn't a logistic trailer and was nothing in front of the drums on top to keep them from falling forward, that one bill was 16000lbs.....

xINbz7C.jpg

Drums double stacked on back of 53 footer, wasn't a logistic trailer and was nothing in front of the drums on top to keep them from falling forward, that one bill was 16000lbs.....
At least there's a load bar there ready to be put in place. :hilarious:

Work Stoppage"s on Friday's and Monday's is what it is anymore , and now after these pension $$ cut letters came out it has gotten even worse , morale can not get any lower , its like Dead Men walking !!! yellow pig has beaten us into the ground !!!!:732:

Work Stoppage"s on Friday's and Monday's is what it is anymore , and now after these pension $$ cut letters came out it has gotten even worse , morale can not get any lower , its like Dead Men walking !!! yellow pig has beaten us into the ground !!!!:732:
There were three things that kept me at that rat hole.......pay, medical benefits, and pension. And when the original concessions began, I knew where this was heading. They've taken away/cut two of the three. Leaving was the smartest thing I ever did.