Friday

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,

So today at work was one of the smoothest I have had in like a week ha-ha! I got everything done 24 stops 12 hours. I was able to make all my delivery times and make everything work.

I was busy beaver running around. Actually the way I ran today's route wasn't to awful, I would do it again the way I did it. I've found that most country clubs have bad parking and maneuverability for trucks so I like to hit them early. Any how I now keep my computer on me at all times either in my shirt pocket or my left pants pocket and it never leaves my person.

I told one of the other drivers "I have pretty much made every mistake there is to make here." He said "We all have, when we were new." I said "I lost my palm, earlier this week." He said "I've gone through 6 palms in 2 years, all I was doing was damaging them." I think he told me he dropped a full 1/2 barrel keg on one of his palms. I would venture to say though that damaging one and bringing back a broken one isn't as bad as what I did. Usually when I screw up it always seems to be like the worst thing that can be done for that set of circumstances. Although the guy who lost his in the river, that is pretty close to what I did.

Any how lately, I've kept the palm on me and I've been very careful about how I handle product, not that it's a problem, but I'm trying to keep my breakages to a minimum.
I had a helper yesterday who hit a pot hole with the two wheeler and broke a case of wine and 3 cases of beer pretty much the customers entire order it was a small 7 case order to boot and I said to him, "You broke there whole order." I said "Those people are depending on that product to be in the restaurant so they can sell it and make a living." I don't know how much the helper really cared. The helper was just a helper not a CDL helper looking to be a driver, so for him it's ehh this, is all stupid and none of it matters to me.

As far as everything else goes, maybe they think something of me somehow (technically it doesn't work like this, but will pretend), I've had a couple trailers with logos on them ha-ha! You can see they gave me the Keystone Light trailer. Actually they've got a few Keystone Light trailers today I had the Keystone trailer. Actually we have a lot of sideloader trailers without logos more then you would think.

I tell you what those trailers handle terrible with no weight in them. Any how I have to go to bed now, I'm so tired I can't even see straight.