Frito Lay Dayville CT

Erict1234

TB Lurker
Credits
I see a lot of employment ads for cdl-a drivers. A lot! Is that because drivers are leaving or are they growing the business? Is this plant a good place to work and earn a good living? I presently work for Sysco Foods, I'm happy with the work but Frito is 5 minutes from my home, so I'm curious.

Frito-Lay used to be a great place to work. I left in 2002 when they closed our plant. We had many former Sysco drivers working who got $20,000-$30,000 raises or more when they came to Frito. They are hiring so many drivers now because they are delivering more stores via tractor trailer direct from the plant and not using as many route sales people with step vans. I still have friends working at Frito and they say Frito-Lay is not near the job it once was, but that is a subjective statement. It probably is still a better job than most, but not as good as some. I think the worst part in my opinion is that most plants now deliver 24/7. It used to be a day job working mon-fri or Tue-sat, but now bottom seniority could have you working odd hours. I believe Dayville was a Union plant and that should help to keep the wages and benefits up.