Frito Lay Truck pictures

huQHUZh.jpg

I have zero desire to drive a CNG truck. I know a few companies up here in the frozen tundra not buying anymore diesels. Seems like everyone that's driving natural gas trucks complain about lack of power and lack of mileage

I have zero desire to drive a CNG truck. I know a few companies up here in the frozen tundra not buying anymore diesels. Seems like everyone that's driving natural gas trucks complain about lack of power and lack of mileage

I think the companies that are starting to run CNG's are getting some kind of government benefit or gov't money for helping the push for cleaner burning trucks, green environment.. Etc.. I can't imagine any other reason why a company would want to run CNG's. The trucks cost way more, can't pull heavy, have no power, don't go near as far between fill ups, and get horrible mileage (5.5 MPG at most).

Great story. Just in my 2 1/2 years working for them I've seen drastic changes in equipment as well. From the older 10speed international diesel twin screws to new CNG automatic volvos. Still have a few diesels for the drivers with the longer runs but from my understanding they're not buying anymore diesel's.[/QUOT

I was remembering yesterday that it wasn't a set of 35-28 foot trailers, it was a set of 31 foot drop frames. It made it interesting because we couldn't go into California with those trailers (set of 28'ers was the limit in California), so we had to make sure the first 31 was emptied out in Oregon (Brookings) so we would only take one of the 31's to Eureka and Fortuna. Such memories.

I think the companies that are starting to run CNG's are getting some kind of government benefit or gov't money for helping the push for cleaner burning trucks, green environment.. Etc.. I can't imagine any other reason why a company would want to run CNG's. The trucks cost way more, can't pull heavy, have no power, don't go near as far between fill ups, and get horrible mileage (5.5 MPG at most).

Yeah there's no benefits in my opinion. But damn 5.5 mpg? That's pathetic. You're not really saving any money fuel wise