Yellow | from a yrc company to another yrc company

boosis

TB Lurker
Credits
let's say you were a 20plus year employee from roadway or yellow and lost your job because you got right sized? and you went to work for newpenn, holland etc. would you start at the bottom of the pay scale again? do i remember correctly something about if one company hired an experinced /veteran employee that was layed off/rightsized they would start out at a little higher rate? thanks guy's!!

You start at 10% less and have first rights if they are in a hiring mode. but have to have a clean attendence record with no of substance abuse..

Here's my understanding of what came out of the COO meeting in Dallas. If sister companies are hiring, and you pass the physical, have a good driving record
and have a good work history they can't turn you down. And your pay is based on what you made at YRC. That 90% deal was for anyone quitting or layed off
outside of this last COO. Of course my interpretation could be wrong since the wording in the memo was so vague.

I heard somewhat the same since the last change, but I know when I left YRC a year ago those were the stipulations.. But let me ask you this, when has YRC and our beloved IBT ever been clear on anything?? Anything is left up to interpretation.. What I have found out on a local level is you either have to quit or be laid off from YRC to get any preferncial treatment from Holland, had a buddy who I worked with for 22 years have to quit YRC for roughly 6 weeks before he was even put on as a casual for Holland, dont know if this is the practice at other barns, but this is whats going on at the barn Im at.

Has any YRCF employee "followed-the-work" to another sister company, after the current COO?
Explain to us how the nice, simple, qualification process was and enlighten us with a few tips and suggestions.
I would love to hear a great heart-warming story!

we have a few in charlotte that are layed off and work both in same day most time.

Has any YRCF employee "followed-the-work" to another sister company, after the current COO?
Explain to us how the nice, simple, qualification process was and enlighten us with a few tips and suggestions.
I would love to hear a great heart-warming story!

When Yellow/Roadway merged causing massive job loss no work went to sister companies. Is that what you're saying?:coffee1:

The current COO last month, offers those YRCF employees whom are on lay-off, the opportunity to get hired on at our sister companies, before anyone off the street, with a few restrictions.
I cannot locate the original proposal. Can anyone help me out.

The current COO last month, offers those YRCF employees whom are on lay-off, the opportunity to get hired on at our sister companies, before anyone off the street, with a few restrictions.
I cannot locate the original proposal. Can anyone help me out.

If I wasn't a techtard I would post a link. But go to YRC COO Decisions 2013, currently on the 2nd page of threads.
Click on link within 1st post, scroll down to #5. Those that say we start at 90% should read it.