From the stupid file

Status
Not open for further replies.
What padding? this is nothing new, RTL steam cleaned our old A 50 Macks when the wooden floor boards got permeated with oil.
Padding was long gone after 2 or 3 clutch jobs.

You are really dating yourself if you drove trucks when they had wooden boards in the floor instead of a metal floor pan. I doubt many on this forum have seen 'floorboards'.

You are really dating yourself if you drove trucks when they had wooden boards in the floor instead of a metal floor pan. I doubt many on this forum have seen 'floorboards'.

Yep, the truth comes out.
Our old Brockways had wooden door frames also.
Never made sense to me why the $3 dimmer switch was replaced with one that costs an arm and leg to replace.

7wrMMQt.jpg

Two 'ole boys' from this state have been sentenced to several years probation after they shot each other while they wore a bullet proof vest. They were out on the patio drinking when one asked the other to shot him while he wore the vest. His buddy obliged then he put on the vest. The first one shot then shot his buddy 5 times because he was mad that he was sore where he was shot once. Anyway they both survived & are presumably still in the gene pool. The judge said nothing about voluntarily being neutered which to me should have been a condition of probation.

Two 'ole boys' from this state have been sentenced to several years probation after they shot each other while they wore a bullet proof vest. They were out on the patio drinking when one asked the other to shot him while he wore the vest. His buddy obliged then he put on the vest. The first one shot then shot his buddy 5 times because he was mad that he was sore where he was shot once. Anyway they both survived & are presumably still in the gene pool. The judge said nothing about voluntarily being neutered which to me should have been a condition of probation.
Had to google it
https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2019/apr/03/affidavit-2-men-don-vest-shoot-20190403/

https://cdllife.com/2020/with-truck...-fmcsa-to-study-cause-of-deadly-semi-crashes/

The FMCSA laid out three specific goals for the LTCCFS study:

1. Evaluate crashes involving large trucks and identify emerging trends;
  2. Monitor crash trends and identify causes and contributing factors; and
  3. Develop effective safety improvement policies and programs.
The announcement of the LTCCFS comes just months after worrisome new statistics showed an uptick in fatal crashes involving large trucks in 2018 that corresponded with the first full year that the Electronic Logging Device Mandate was in effect for most truck drivers.

Case solved.
"Safety Improvement Policies and Programs" is best effected by REMOVING E.L.D.Mandate.

https://cdllife.com/2020/troopers-say-truck-was-96300-pounds-overweight/
not sure if this is even stupid? Maybe just a complete dumb a$$?
Gene Maag, age 36 of Waterloo, Indiana, was driving a truck with no registration plate and no federally required company markings or federal tax numbers on the side of the vehicle..

steel coil cargo, discovering a combined weight of 176,300 pounds, or 96,300 pounds over the maximum allowable weight, without a special permit.

The fines for the overweight violation alone are just under $14,000.

I say that is stupid.

Here's something that may or not need be "from-the-Stupid-file":

https://cdllife.com/2020/family-own...-43325253&mc_cid=a80908a457&mc_eid=3c81a8ac4c

East Peoria-based Sorce Enterprises is a third generation family-run food distribution trucking company that employs 23 people.

"We’re a smaller family business and I want to make sure my employees have long term jobs in this area.”

One of the major hurdles......is a zoning stipulation — a daycare is located across the street from company headquarters......and Sorce's operation must be 1000 feet away from the daycare.

The state of Illinois will grant 115 licenses to businesses throughout the state for marijuana cultivation in the wake of a new law that made marijuana sales legal on January 1, 2020.

- - - - - -
Gotta SPEND MONEY to make money plus Marijuana doesn't "grow overnight"!

Status
Not open for further replies.